Thursday, February 24, 2011

Boredom Buster Jar


Hi guys, Jenny over at Crazy About Cricut is again celebrating Thankful Thursday. If you haven't heard about Thankful Thursday, it's all about family time, crafting with the kiddos and spending time together.

I just wanted to share my Boredom Buster Jar... 
okay, it's my kid's "Mom... I'm Bored" jar.  


Here's the idea.  The jar loaded with fun things to do as well as chores...
 it really is just luck of the draw!! 

We made this jar last summer and it gets used on a regular basis!! We change the chores and activities to suit the season.

Some of the things we have in our jar is:
Take a walk to the park
Bake cookies with Mom
Play video games for 30 minutes
Built a fort in the living room
Pop popcorn and have a movie night
Plan dinner for tonight
Plan a day trip for next week
Play a board game

Some of the chores include:
Empty the dishwasher
Clean the front room
Clean up the back yard
Water the plant
Weed the garden with Mom
Find 5 toys to donate to Goodwill
Take a nap
Take out the trash


I print out all the slips, trim them down, roll and tape them.  You can print up any chores or rewards that work for your family.  

Please take some time to play with your family today! :)

If you haven't already, please enter Jenny's challenge at Crazy About Cricut!
Have your kiddo write a story about someone you/they love. This can be journaling on a layout, or the kids can write a little story on some paper and draw a picture to go with it.  

Take some pics and link it up at:


post signature

10 comments:

Cristi said...

This is such an awesome idea!! I think I am going to have to copy it!!
Big HUGS
Cristi

Monica said...

What a great idea! I'm sure you don't hear "I;m bored" too often with this jar in the house! TFS, I'd love it if you'd visit me at:http://monicalott.blogspot.com/

Tracy said...

Wonderful idea Cheryl! Skyler is 14 and entertains himself and Spencer is not yet in the "I'm Bored" stage yet -- but will remember this one. Also, I'm going to feature this on my Feature Me! Friday post tomorrow too. I have sooo many ideas to share on tomorrows edition. YAY! thanks for sharing my friend! :)
♥Tracy

crazyaboutcricut said...

This is a GREAT idea! I'll be lifting this one too!

Emily said...

This is an awesome idea :)

Georgiana said...

I bet this idea could be changed just a little, so it could be used in the class...Activities to do when you are done.

Thanks,
Georgiana

Unknown said...

What an awesome idea! Thank you for sharing.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is a really cute idea! I love how you decorated the jug!

Kimmers said...

Such a cute idea, love how you have "Take a Nap" under "chores". :)

Libby Beach said...

This is FABULOUS!! :) It can be used in so many different ways!! :) Love it! Thank you so much for sharing with us! :)