Friday, June 17, 2011

Wedding card

Today I have a couple of wedding cards to share.  I think they are so fun!
Here is how the card looks closed.  It is a standard A2 size (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") when folded. The tux is from Wedding Solutions cart and the wedding dress is a mix of two dresses from Tie the Knot. Both measure 4 1/4" tall.  I welded them to the card base to they can each fold out to revel the second layer of the card.

Here I added some wonderful Heidi Grace paper. It has a black background with some medium gray swirls (that doesn't come out in the picture). I cut the little 1" bells from the Wedding Solutions cart. The "Congratulations!" is from Scrappy Mom's Stamps and it's embossed in white. I love how they are both hidden by the front layer.

Here is the last layer of the card. The black card layer opens up to reveal the sentiment "Wishing you the best, today and always. Congratulations!" in Edwardian Script.

Here is the dress up close. I cut it out of white shimmer card stock.  After embossing it with the Swiss Dots embossing folder, I attached it with quick dry glue and added some liquid pearls and clear Glaze pen accents around the edge of the dress.

The tux also got some clear Glaze pen accents, but I also popped up the lapel and bow tie up on pop-dots.  The shirt layer is cut with some more white shimmer paper. The little buttons on the tux are added with more liquid pearls.

I made a second card that is just slightly different.  On this one, the bride and groom are reversed, so is the "Congratulations!" on the second layer.

Again, I embossed the Scrappy Mom's stamp and added the little bells.

Here is the complete look at the final layer of the card. The card base it cut in Ivory, but it sure looks yellow in this picture. Sorry, today was the last day of school for my kids and I couldn't start crafting until they went to bed.... ie no good lighting for my pictures! :)

Challenges:
post signature

15 comments:

Josie0602 said...

Fabulous card!!

Bobby said...

Cheryl, this is absolute genius! Love, love, love it!

My Lil' Bits said...

What a great idea! Very cute. Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week.
Lisa C

Georgiana said...

Definitely an original! I love it! My favorite is how it opens sideways first, then you lift again. Thanks for joing Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Paper Deckerations said...

What a neat idea!!! Love the way this card looks! Lots of different details! LOVE IT!!! Thanks for joining DCD!!!

AN said...

Wau--aivan loistava idea ja myöskin toteutus--:)
Kiitos paljon kun osallistut ABC-haasteeseen
Onnea arvontaan
Lämmintä ja kaunista viikonloppua sinulle<3

Creative Diva said...

Fantastic card. Just amazing. Love the bling on the dress. Thanks for playing along with us at DCD.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for creating with us at FCCB!

Anonymous said...

Love this very pretty and creative!!! tfs! -Sam :-)

Tracy said...

How creative my friend.....love it. :) Thanks so much for sharing and linking up to the T.G.I.F. Linky Party....you rock! :)
Tracy

Misty Olsen said...

What a divine creative card!!! I am awwwwweed by your card...TFS!!!

Mistyrose
Die Cuttin Diva

Pink Lady's Paradise said...

Very creative! Beautiful cards.

Thanks for the inspiration,

Cindy :)

Helen said...

Great card! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

Jennie Garcia said...

That is so fabulous and creative!!
Thanks for playing with us @ FCCB!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Cre8tiveVet said...

Wow! What a great couple of cards. I think I need to try this fold. Thanks for joining us at DCD. -Yvette
cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com