Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Scene Card

I love making shaped cards (as you'll know if you are regular visitor) but I like to look beyond the usual shapes for my inspiration. This card, believe it or not, is created by re-sizing a tag shape.
I love summer!! This would be a wonderful birthday card for someone special, but this one is going to a blogger who recently sent me some blog candy I won. :)

My little sentiment tag is hand cut to about 3/4" x 2". The stamp is from Scrappy Mom's Stamps. I mounted the tag up on pop dots and tucked the end under the tree just a little. I finished off the tag with some white gel pen stitches.

The sun is from Celebrate with Flourish, cut at 1 3/4". I added Glossy Accents to the center (it's still wet in the picture). The clouds are from Serenade, cut at 1" and 1 1/4". Both layers of the sun were inked with orange ink, on the clouds I used blue ink.

This tree is from Simply Charmed, all layers cut at 3 1/4". The grass is from Paper Doll Dress up cut at 1" and 3/4". The little bird is from Serenade, cut at 3/4".  I also used green and clear Glaze pens to add the details on the tree. I inked the tree and grass with green ink and the sky layer was detailed with the same blue ink I used on the clouds.

I hand drew the little daises with my white gel pen and added the centers with a yellow Glaze pen.

Here you can see the full card base.  I used Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cart.  This tag is from page 91 (button #10) using the mirror creative feature. I sized the base to 4 1/4" x 11". The front layers were sized down by 1/4" each. The black layer measures 4" x 5 1/4" and the blue sky layer measures 3 3/4" x 5".

Challenges:
Craft Junkie Too Friend


post signature

20 comments:

girlia said...

Cheryl, I love the shape of this card. You represented summer well. Thanks for playing again with us this week at CTO

Maquel said...

Great job this week, Cheryl! Love your card! Thanks for playing along with us at BOTH FCCB and CTO! :)

Maquel
http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

Josie0602 said...

Gorgeous card!! I love the shape...I am always looking for new ones and I really like this!

GiGi said...

What a fabulous card!!! I love the whole scene and the glossy accents! Thanks for playing at CTO!

Pink Lady's Paradise said...

You are just so creative! This is a great card. Great idea with the tag and your hand drawn daisies were fabulous! I'm jealous of your talent!

Thanks for the inspiration,
Cindy :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun! Love all the details and bling!

Adrian said...

Super job! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

Melissa said...

This is beautiful, great job, thanks so much for Celebrating the Occasion with us!

Unknown said...

This is a great card. I love the whole scene you have created. Hugs, Pam from craftycards4u2

DIANA L. said...

Great job on the challenge all the elements really add to the nice design I like the use of the yellow glaze pen, thank you for joining us at CTO

Larelyn said...

A perfect summer scene. I love the details, so special. Thanks for sharing at FCCB.

Tracy said...

Love the colors and that tree is sooo stinkin' adorable. Thanks for linking up! :)
~Tracy
Craft Junkie Too

Sheri said...

WOW! Excellent card full of details! Thank you SO much for joining us this week at My Sheri CRAFTS! I look forward to seeing what you come up with next ;-)

~jan said...

Love all the attention to detail on this pretty summer card! Thanks for sharin it with us at The Paper Variety!

Melissa said...

Very cute, especially that summer sun! :) Thanks for participating at The Paper Variety.

Aim said...

What a pretty, pretty card!! I love all the wonderful extra details you added!! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Celebrate The Occasion this week!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
Celebrate The Occasion DTM

Anonymous said...

Your card is so cute... lovely..

thanks for playing this week with us at CTO..

Ivette_DT

BugBites said...

this is sooo cute! love all the extra touches. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Really great summer card, I love the added touches of glossy accents and your glaze pen, fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

Jennifer said...

Cheryl,

So many wonderful projects!!! :) I learn so much from you! You are so creative and try so many different techniques! I only wish I had more time to peruse and to comment, so you would know how much I enjoy your blog and appreciate your postings!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com