Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Have a Crab-u-lous Birthday!

 I know that not everyone has easy access to the beach, but I am just an hour away from the Oregon or Washington Coast line.  So when I think of summer, it usually involves at least one trip to the beach!

Here is my take on a summer themed birthday card. I have many birthdays coming up this summer so you'll some more coming soon!

Yep, another shaped card.  I always get the best reactions from kids when they open a fun shaped card!  This sandcastle is from Create a Critter. I welded two shadow layers together to form this portrait A2 card. All layers are cut at roughly 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
The sentiment is a mix of two My Pink Stamper Stamps from her Punny-licious stamps.  I combined the "Have a" from one stamp and the "Crab-u-lous" from another stamp.  The "B-day!" is a Studio G Stamp. I punched the sentiment out with an EK Success Photo Label punch and matted it in some scraps from the rest of the card. I love these little rhinestones too, I added a few around the card.
Here is my cutie crab. He is also from Create a Critter, I added a Peachy Keen stamp face (and added gel pen doodles).  He was cut at 2" and attached with pop dots. His hat was cut at 3/4" from the Celebrations cart.
All the paper is from DCWV mixed stack 7. I added lots of white gel pen accents. In this picture you can see how I welded the card base at the top.  I think the card would be stronger if I'd have welded it at the side of the castle (live and learn, huh).

Challenge:
Craft Junkie Too Friend


post signature

14 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the crab/sandcastle card. I need to try making a welded card.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

DIANA L. said...

I love it, You did such a great job on the card. The colors work beautifully
Thanks for joining us this week at Celebrate the occasion.

Tiffany said...

Super Cute! I just got a gypsy and I trying to figure out what to weld first :) TFS

Tiffany
http://sparkledmemories.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl. This card is really cute, the faux stitching really sets it off.
Thanks for sharing
Deanne
http://deannescreativejuice.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

This is so cute!!! <3 it!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So adorable!

Paper Deckerations said...

WOW did this turn out perfect! I love it! The rhinestones are a great touch! Thanks for joining our summer bonus challenge over at DCD!!!

Sharon said...

Oh this is fantastic!! Love that you made it into a shaped card! Love the sentiment that you put together. Awesome card!! :)

GiGi said...

HOw cute! I love the shaped card and that cute hat on the crab! Thanks for playing at CTO!

girlia said...

What a fun card! Love everything! thanks for playing with us this week at CTO

Melissa said...

Very cute card, you did a great job and the faux stitching is just perfect

Adrian said...

OMG! U did an awesome job! Thanks for playing @ CTO!!!!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Wonderful card, I love all the added details with your embellishments and your gel pen, super adorable! Thanks for playing along with us this week @ CTO :)

Paper Panther and Rayna said...

What a fun sandcastle shaped birthday card! I'm sure any kid would love to get that cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at CTO!

♥ Rayna
http://purplepeepstechniques.blogspot.com