Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Baseball Birthday Extras

I made this cute baseball birthday set today.  When my kids have birthday parties, we almost always have coloring pages or coloring books to match the party theme... so we have to have a matching art caddy right??

I started out with this silverware holder from IKEA. I bought a couple a while back on clearance.

I grabbed some handy dandy storage containers, this one is a clean tin can that would otherwise be recycled... gotta love free supplies. I covered it with patterned paper - DCWV summer stack, cut to 4" x 12". I just used ATG tape to secure it.

Here is my full caddy, each can decorated with coordinating paper and filled with all the supplies we'll need to craft for a birthday party.

Then, I made this panel to decorate the new "art caddy".

I used some more of the same patterned paper, and added a printed pennant and some Cricut cuts.

The bat, cut to 5 1/2" long, is from Boys will be Boys. I inked the edges for dimension and added some little scraps to the handle for the grip.  I attached it with pop dots.

Here is my little pennant. I used "banner" font because it reminded me of a baseball pennant.  I just hand cut this pennant and glued it directly to the front panel.

This baseball is from Life's a Party. I sized it to 2 1/2". Again, I attached it with pop dots.

What party would be complete without goody bags.  So to continue the theme, I added the same bat and ball as before.  I threw some red trim (cut from cardstock scraps) on the top and bottom. The goody bag's pennant is smaller, but used the same font. Instead of more expensive basket filler, I just tucked some candy into a basket style coffee filter (300 to a package from the Dollar Tree) and tied the top.  I also added a bag of fruit snack and a granola bar to the can.

 I thought I'd give you the free baseball pennant file.  If you'd like it, click on the picture or the link below to download it for free via 4 Shared.

Challenges: 

22 comments:

jessica said...

Awesome project!!

Dixie said...

Great pieces! I really love that art caddy, what a fabulous idea! I also think it's wonderful how you used the cans and coffee filters, very creative :)

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Great treat packaging!! I love the coffee filter idea - it looks cool too! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

What a great project!! I think my craftroom needs something like that!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Emily said...

Great job! This turned out really cute :)

Carole Beath said...

This is such a fantastic idea and a great take on our BBTB2 challenge. Thanks for joining us.
Carole

Bamabel said...

How cool is that! It looks great! Thanks for playing along with us this week at My Craft Spot!

Aymee

Jeri said...

Cool project! Thanks for inspiring us at BBTB2.

Joy said...

What a great idea !!! That would make a super gift for a scrapper too! Love all the bright papers and details ! Thanks for playing along with us this week, at My Craft Spot !
Joy

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is such a fun and creative idea!

Thanks for joining us over at the BBTB2! DT Member Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

DonnaMundinger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DonnaMundinger said...

How cute and clever is this! Great idea for the party and for a number of different occasions. Thanks for playing along with BBTB2 this week. xxD

Maria said...

What a great idea!!! Thanks for joining us in the challenge at BBTB2 :)

Lori1brat said...

FANTASTIC project ! I love how creative you were with your caddy and the goodie 'cans' ! Thank you so much for taking the challenge with us at BBTB2 !!! Lori

Ashley said...

This is such a great idea and super creative, I love it! I'm a new follower and looking forward to seeing more of your great creations! :)

I would love if you stopped by my craft blog, Made Especially For You. Blog candy coming soon! :)

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

flowerdisco said...

oh my...you are so very creative. this is a must project!

Kate said...

What a super, super project! They are so bright and fun! The goody tins are my favourite!
Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Karen Pinsonat said...

What an awesome project! Thanks for joining the challenge at BBTB2!

A Little Time said...

Well, I see a trip to IKEA in my near future! This is really cute and what a fabulous idea!! Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

Karen Pinsonat said...

Congrats on winning the project of the week at BBTB2!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Well deserved win, a fab project

Just A Pac Rat said...

Congratulations on the win at BBTB2 it is a great project. TFS

circlebenterprises.blogspot.com