Monday, June 27, 2011

America the Beautiful card

Today is a Digital Design Team Day over at Paper Playtime! :) 
The theme this time is to red, white and blue project and include a digital image.

Today I am using an image from Doodle Pantry
I made this flag shaped cricut-less card by hand.  I just drew the wave shape by tracing the shape onto a cardboard template so all the lines would be parallel. The card base measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
I love the antique like feel I achieved by using ivory, cranberry red and navy blue for the card stock layering of the flag.

I added the red circle around the eagle using Photoshop.  I printed it onto some glossy photo paper and it really has a wonderful shine.  I used some of my kids markers to color the eagles feathers, beak and eye.  I cut two of these and cut out one eagle to pop him up on  a layer of pop dots.

I printed the sentiment with the eagle.  I then punched it with my EK Success photo label punch and made a little mat with some scrap blue paper. I added some smaller stars to the four corners.

These stars are little strips of adhesive back embellishments. These are by Mark Richards (I bought them at Michael's on clearance for $1.99 last November). As usual, I added some stitches using my white Gelly Roll pen.

Here is the card base, you can see how I cut the entire card base into the waving flag shape.

Here are all the images you get with this patriotic eagle image.  I love all the sentiments!! Here is the link to the Doodle Pantry Store so you can grab this set too!

12 comments:

Lara said...

This is so gorgeous! I love the vividness and the stars. Nice job!
Lara

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Especially like the detail on the Eagle. Reminds me of the wonderful Eagles I saew & photographed in Sitka, Alaska.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

Georgiana said...

WOW! I love the glossy look to it. It looks like a photograph rather than a digi that you hand colored. I could NOT tell! I love that template you created also. I have to say again...You always impress me!!!

Georgiana

The Archiving Angel said...

Goodness! This card is so nice. Love your details & how you cut it like a waving flag. Those stars look terrific as does that gorgeous eagle.
Wonderful job!
Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesday.
Crafty best wishes,
Sonia

Joy said...

Great job cutting out the flag...it looks awesome ! Love all those stars and that great image ! Thanks for playing along at MY Craft Spot !
Joy

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Gorgeous card - WOW! I love the shape and the colors you used! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly

Kate said...

Great card! Those stars look fantastic! You did a great job with the shape and lining everything up too!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Kim H said...

Cherly,
Oh if this card screams AMAERICA! The details are just incredible! The eagle is just gorgeous! The flag is so BEAUTIFUL! The ivory paper does make it look "old" but awesome! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday's!

Unknown said...

Cheryl this card is just gorgeous. I love how you made the card base wavy like the American Flag. I also love that you put an eagle on this card. Just perfect. Thank you for joining us at Whimsical Wednesdays.

Amy C said...

This is lovely!! I really like how you cut and popped up one eagle image on top of the other for dimention. Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot this week!!

Hugs,
Amy
Scrapping Mommy

Cindy Beland said...

Oh my this is sooo flippin' Beautiful!AMAZING job with it,LOVE the shape and the awesome Eagle, Thanks so much for playing along at Whimsical Wednesday!:)

Sheri said...

This is just FANTASTIC! Thanks for joining this week at My Sheri CRAFTS ;-)