Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fall 3-D Wheelbarrow

Today is another Craft Junkie Too Design Team day. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love being on Tracy's Design Team!! Her awesome assignments are just a small part of it.  The challenge for this week is:

Autumn, Fall or Halloween - Not a Card


I love this cute little wheelbarrow!! It measures a WHOPPING 11 3/4"! I inked the edges of the handles, the wheel and the wheelbarrow body too.

I also made a trio of 3-D pumpkins to add. :) The little leaves on the pumpkins are from A Child's Year - cut at 1 1/2" and inked with green and orange ink.

I don't have directions for it, but this is the body of the wheelbarrow.  This is not a 3-D project in the Walk in My Garden Cricut Cart... but I just HAD to make it into this cute 3-D display.

I grabbed this adorable leafy mini garland at Craft Warehouse... so cute! :)

I cut the wheel out of a dark gray color and inked the edges black for depth.  Each side of the wheelbarrow is a total of three thicknesses of cardstock, I also added strength to the front wheel by adding this strip of cardstock.

I also used Popsicle sticks to add strength to the structure. I really wanted this little wheelbarrow to be able to hold quite a lot of weight... I knew what my kids would want to display inside.

Here is a look at the empty wheelbarrow.

And of it loaded down after a trip to the mini pumpkin farm! :)

And this is what my kiddos loaded into the mini wheelbarrow... I just knew it would pay to reinforce it! :)

That's it, please head over to Tracy's blog and see what

20 comments:

jessica said...

OMG this is awesome!!

Craftyhomemade said...

Cheryl this is beautiful, it's an excellent idea, TFS

Indira

Unknown said...

This is absolutely the BEST!!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Just FABULOUS! This is so what I had in mind, but couldn't execute in time. Love, love, LOVE it! thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

Unknown said...

So CUTE!
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

Amy said...

This is so cool! I love the 3-D project and the leaves around the wheelbarrow and fun pumpkins look great! Thanks for sharing this week at FCCB! :)Amy

Jennifer said...

Cheryl,

I am in AWE!!! :) That is too adorable!!!!!! You know I have a million questions for you...unfortunately, I only have a mere few seconds.

Thanks so much for sharing,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Karen Pinsonat said...

WOW, this is incredible! Love the leaves around the outside too. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!

Adrian said...

wow, so nice!!

Lori1brat said...

OMG - this is FABULOUS !!!!!! I just love what you did with your wheelbarrow - and those pumpkins are 'SMASHING' ... LOL ! Thank you so much for joining us at BBTB2 this week !!!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fabulous! Love how big it is! Those pumpkins are great!

Thanks for joining us over at the BBTB2! DT Member Carri

A Little Time said...

WOW!! This is incredible!! I love those pumpkins! Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

Maria said...

WOW! This is really fantastic!! Thanks for joining us in the wheelbarrow challenge at BBTB2.

Tanya said...

WOW!! I just love this!! Great job!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow wee~
This came out totally awesome.... love those pumpkins too....

Susan Edwards said...

This is such a fabulous project! I like the 3D wheelbarrow - but I love the pumpkins and the leaf trim!! Amazing job!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 this week!!

Stefanie said...

Wow, that is so cool! I love the leaves on the outside of the wheelbarrow. That little details just adds so much more to the look of the wheelbarrow.

The best part about this is you don't need those 3D glasses to view it.

BugBites said...

Wow..what a project..very cool...TFS with us FCCB

Jill said...

Good idea! The pumpkins are a nice touch!

Shelley said...

Congrats Cheryl on your FCCB top 5 pick! ;)