Friday, May 13, 2011

Wishing you a berry wonderful birthday

I have the adorable card to share with you today! :) All the card layers were made from SCRAPS!! Gotta love that! The strawberries are from the Preserves cart (cut at 2 3/4"). I used a tag from Preserves to create the card base shape.  I welded two tags together and then created two additional layers for the card base.

I inked the layers of the strawberries and the green polka-dot layer before assembling the card. The strawberries are reversed embossed with the swiss dots folder. When I put the berries together, I added the leaves and flower with pop dots and couldn't resist the little green button. I love accenting with the white gel pen, and this card is no exception! :)

I created the sentiment on my computer using the Floral font at 18 points and inked the edges. I used a Fiskers border punch for the white trim and them attached it to the card base with pop dots.

I added some more of the green polka-dot paper (by Heidi Grace) and white border to the inside of the card. 

Challenges:
post signature

11 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So sweet! Love the papers and all the inking! Thanks for joining us over at the BBTB2, DT Member Carri :)

Maureen Reiss said...

This is soooo pretty!!!!

teachermom5 said...

Great card. Love the little button.

Shelley said...

Like your card Cheryl! We were both thinking strawberries today! :) Very cute!

Shelley
http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com
shelleymace21@gmail.com

~JulieH~ said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the white doodling! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
Juliex

Savahanna said...

Adorable. I love the sentiment.

Carole Beath said...

Great design and colors.Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
Carole

Georgiana said...

I am going to have to get help from you this summer on some techniques you use. I love your card and all the "extras".

JustYolie said...

Yummy card! Next weekend is the strawberry festival in SoCal....I can hardly wait! Thanks for sharing.

A Little Time said...

This is really cute! I love the tag shape and the colors. Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2.

Jeri said...

This is just adorable. Love the little flower blossom you added to your berry. Thanks for playing along with us at BBTB2.