Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Butterfly Birthday Card

I cut this scalloped card base. The base measures 4 1/4" and is welded on my Gypsy to form the card base. The scalloped circle I used is from Preserves, but you can use any scalloped circle you like.  I always cut an extra card front to cover the folded edge of the card base. The circles measure as follows:
brown : 3 1/2" - also from  Preserves
pink polka-dots : 3 1/4" - also from  Preserves

This is the butterfly from Everyday Pop-up Cards. It's cut at 2".  I just had to accent the body with some self stick flat back pearls. Only the body is adhered to the card base.

I embossed the "Happy Birthday" from Scrappy Moms Stamps using white embossing powder. Adding some white gel pen stitches really brings the card all together. I added more pearls to each scallop on the card base. 

The adorable branch is from Cindy Loo cut at 3 1/2" (the leaves are from the same cut). I inked the edges of the leaves and attached them with pop dots.

The dimension on this card is wonderful, with the leaves up on pop dots and the butterfly's wings popping off the card.  Because I sized the circle card to 4 1/4" it will still fit into an A2 sized envelope.... no extra postage required. 

Challenges:  

16 comments:

Adrian said...

very pretty and colorful!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Bee-utiful Shaped Butterfly Birthday Card. Especially like the pearls & pen inking/stitching. Another challenge you can enter is Ambers Crafts and Stuff Ch #21 Sparkle & Shine that ends today 8/9. I also posted a Butterfly Birthday Card today.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Miranda said...

Very Pretty! I love shaped cards. TFS
Miranda :)
http://www.nanasscrapspot.com

Amy said...

Very pretty shaped card- I love the pearls and butterfly! Thanks for creating with FCCB this week! :)Amy A
amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

NanaConnie said...

Love these colors together! Bright and beautiful. The pearls and the embossed sentiment are terrific! Thanks for playing at Tuesday Throwdown.

Benzi said...

Very pretty circle card. Love those leaves and the big butterfly. So glad you joined Tuesday Throwdown this week.

Maribel said...

I love this card! Great colors and the pearls are perfectly placed! What a beautiful butterfly too!
Thank you for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes!
Maribel

- - Sheryl - - said...

this is beautiful!

Anniebee said...

Hi, Cheryl! I apologize for not commenting sooner but my sister was in the hospital from Monday to yesterday and this is my first chance to see some of the entries. Your card is fabulous! I love the shape and color sheme you used. Thanks for playing with us at Amber's crafts and Stuff.

Anne

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Hi Cheryl! This is beautiful! I love the way you did the border with the pearls! Thanks for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes! I hope you'll join us again next week!
Amber

Carissa said...

Great circle card - I love circle cards. Loving all the detail too. Thanks for crafting with us today at FCCB. We hope to see a lot more of you.

Carissa
www.happilyeverpapercrafter.blogspot.com

Bernadet Rodakowski said...

Really been into circle cards this summer. What a great tip! " I always cut an extra card front to cover the folded edge of the card base." So glad you shared on FCCB.
Bernadet
bernadetscraftblog.blogspot.com

BugBites said...

so pretty- the pearls really add a special touch. TFS with us at FCCB this week.

Kimberly J. said...

This is so pretty!!! I love that butterfly and the shape card! Great Job and Thanks for joining us this week over at Birthday Sundaes!!

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful shaped card. Love the pretty pearls, beautiful butterfly, stitching and all the other details I missed. Fantastic job! Congrats om your top 5 win at Fantabulous Cricut! Well deserved:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Laurie HIMCR said...

GORGEOUS!!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Hiding in My Craft Room challenge!

~Laurie
www.hidinginmycraftroom.com