Saturday, September 3, 2011

All Seasons Scene Card


I am VERY happy to be guest designer for Zeni over at Scrappy Zeni. She asked me to create a project of my choice... there was NO WAY I'd refuse! :)  Thanks so much Zeni! I love the opportunity to share with your terrific followers too!

Here is my project... I decided to make an "All Seasons Scene Card!"

I used craft colored card stock for the card base. For the background paper I matted a piece of DCWV glitter paper on some white card stock.  All the cuts were from Simply Charmed (if you don't have this cart, it really is worth the money and time to get it). 

I added the sentiment that I printed up on my computer.  It reads:

There is no season such delights can bring 
As summer, autumn, winter and spring.
-William Browne


I embellished the little seasonal scenes with embossing (Snowflakes on winter, Swiss Dots on spring and summer, and Perfectly Paisley of fall), glitter glue, a little glossy accents and gel pen doodles around the little frames as well as the card base (front and inside).  I also attached a sheer blue ribbon on the card front under the sentiment.

If you are interested in re-creating my card I am sharing the Gypsy file with you!! I LOVE freebies and blogs that share files ROCK!! 
(Yep, I am saying "I ROCK!!") :)

"All Seasons Card" Gypsy File

Please, if you haven't already... take a minute to Zeni over at Scrappy Zeni, she's super sweet and you'll fall in love with her blog the second you click on the link! :)


Challenges:Die Cuttin' Divas : Fall Colors
BBTB2: tree
Scrappy Moms : Straight from the Nest (or similar)

12 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

Your "All Seasons card" is AWESOME!!! I love all the stitching, embossing, and doodling looks just great! Nice job! Congrats on your GD spot over at Scrappy Zeni:)
Thanks for sharing!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

smyiow said...

I really like this card! Great job!

my-o-scrappin.blogspot.com
smmyiow@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Your project is just beautiful Cheryl! I have a special post for you today (and tomorrow) because of my untimeliness. I am sooooo sorry!!!

Georgiana said...

Loving all the different seasons. My favorite is autumn!

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Tina said...

Love the idea!! Great sentiment as well!
Tina
www.myhoppyplace.blogspot.com

Georgiana said...

Please accept the Butterfly Award.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Cre8tiveVet said...

This is a wonderful card! I love how the seasons change and the new beginnings we get each time the change comes. Thanks for sharing with us at DCD. -Yvette
cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

Jeri said...

This is so adorable. I love each little square dedicated to it's own seasonal tree. Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

SO great! Love to see all the seasons! Nice details! Thanks for joining us over at the BBTB2! DT Member Carri

Misty Olsen said...

I love your change of season's card!!!! My favorite time of year is during the Fall....I love the extra time I get to spend with my family :o) Thank you for sharing your project this week at DCD!!!

Mistyrose
Die Cuttin Diva

Bobby said...

I finally have the cartridge that someone inpires me to use. But alas not a Gypsy to use your file. What size is the finished card? The rest I can figure out.

~JulieH~ said...

Beautiful card and such a lovely sentiment.Thannks somuch for joining us at BBTB2
Juliex