Saturday, November 20, 2010

Manly Thank You

Here is a new card I made.  I made it for my neighbor who asked me for "a manly thank you card."

It also goes perfectly for Emma's Throwback Challenge over at My Creative Time.

Emma asked the project this week to be Cricut-less!! GASP!  
And she also wanted it to be a thank you project.

Here is what I came up with.

Here is the front of the Z-fold card.  A simple "Thank You" adorns the left side.

These metallic compasses are from a travel stack, DCWV, I think.  I hand cut them
and added a large black circle punch under the large compass.

I love the look of the leather paper with the little black photo corners. 

Thanks so much for visiting me here at CardsbyCG.blogspot.com.  I'd love to hear what you think.  Feel free to become a follower or sign up for my email updates (provided through FeedBurner).  I'd love to share my crafting journey with you! - Cheryl

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it difficult to create manly cards. This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Celeste B. said...

That is a perfect 'Manly' card!!! Aren't those the hardest ones?! Great job, TFS!! :)

Libby Beach said...

"Manly" cards are definitely the hardest to design, but you did an awesome job! :) And I'm really digging the Z fold too :) Thanks for sharing :)
~Libby

Georgiana said...

That distressed look is really cool...is the paper or did you do some special technique?

I hope your neighbor enjoys,
Georgiana

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great man card!

BikerGranny said...

Very nice, and very manly - great job!

Libby Beach said...

I just love all of the projects that you share with us. So I have chosen you as one of my 8 for the Stylish Blog Award! :) Congrats and thanks again! :)

Libby Beach said...

hehe, I almost forgot :)
http://beachcreationsforyou.blogspot.com

The Purple Scrapbooker said...

Hi, I picked you as one of my 8 for the Stylish Blog Award. I hope you will accept it!