Saturday, February 19, 2011

All Seasons Card

We'll I have to say I love all seasons.  The reasons range from my love of gardening, the holidays, the kiddos going back to school :), and family time during summer-time BBQs.  How can I pick of favorite??


I've had this card in mind ever since I first looked in the Simpy Charmed booklet.  I just fell in love with these seasonal trees!! :)


I used craft colored card stock for the card base. For the background paper I matted a piece of DCWV glitter paper on some white card stock.  All the cuts were from Simply Charmed (if you don't have this cart, it really is worth the money and time to get it). 


I added the sentiment that I printed up on my computer.  It reads:


There is no season such delights can bring 
As summer, autumn, winter and spring.
-William Browne



I embellished the little seasonal scenes with embossing (Snowflakes on winter, Swiss Dots on spring and summer, and Perfectly Paisley of fall), glitter glue, a little glossy accents and gel pen doodles around the little frames as well as the card base (front and inside).  I also attached a sheer blue ribbon on the card front under the sentiment.

If you are interested in re-creating my card I am sharing the Gypsy file with you!! I LOVE freebies and blogs that share files ROCK!! 
(Yep, I am saying "I ROCK!!") :)


"All Seasons Card" Gypsy File


post signature

12 comments:

Sheena said...

Love this card!! I love all the seasons also..but winter is starting to wear me down..I think I'm over the cold already. I love the sparkle you added to this card. Super Cute!!!
TFS!

Hugs, Sheena

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable card...love the 4 seasons trees!

Emily said...

Wonderful card!! This is beautiful!

Mary said...

What a fantastic card. I love it. Thanks for the Gypsy file download too!

Unknown said...

I am absolutely loving this card!! The hole thing is just fantastic!! Tfs and have a great day. :)

Charlotte said...

Oh, I love the card and the wonderful sentiment. Thanks for sharing the Gypsy file.

Jean said...

Great card. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Love this card! The trees and seasons are perfect!

Saundra said...

This is wonderful! I love this card. Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

Andrea said...

So cute, and such a great interpretation of the challenge. Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

Jennifer aka Scrappin' Aggie said...

Very cute idea on the card! I love it! Thanks for playing at FCCB :O)

Angji said...

What a great card! Makes me smile. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!