Wednesday, May 11, 2011

KinderGARDEN - End of the year gift

Tracy over at Craft Junkie Too is up to it again!! She has asked her wonderful design team (including me) to create a project with the theme:
End of School - Teacher Gifts

Here is the gift I am presenting to my 6 year-old's kindergarten teacher. One of the other Mom's in my son's class traced all the student's hand for me. I then made these boards to showcase their adorable hand prints. I painted two 2' x 4" thin birch panels.  I added some Cricut cut grass layers, and made each of the students into a flower (the stems are from Walk in My Garden) and the name of the student is also a leaf on the stem. Each flower has a Peachy Keen face too. Then I added clouds and garden tools to finish off the board.

The clouds say "Teachers plant the seeds of knowledge..." and the second one says "and look how much we've grown."  The kingerGARDEN tools include a watering can that says "practice" and seed packet that says "learning skills" and the sun that says "patience and encouragement.  I added doodles all over the flowers and all the little tools too. 

Here is a close-up of the watering can and seed packet (or garden marker). I inked all the edges on both of these items and secured them with Scrap-dots. Scrap-dots are a 3-D liquid adhesive that comes in a tube like ointment. Love it, but it takes a little time to dry.

Here is the sun, again I inked the edges and added doodling.

Here is my son's hand.  I think the Peachy Keen faces add a lot of character! :)
  
How cute are all those little flowers! Yep, the huge flower on the right belongs to Mr. Smith, the Kindergarten teacher!!

Here is the class presenting the gift to their teacher.  Don't they all look so happy!
Each student was very excited to see their name and hand print included in the gift! 

 Jump over to Tracy's blog at CraftJunkietoo.com and 

see what she and her other Crafty Designers have to share.
Amber and Tracy have both made wonderful projects to show you today!
We'll also have some wonderful new designers joining us TODAY, so go check them out too.

post signature

9 comments:

KardsbyKadie said...

Cheryl: What an amazing teacher appreciation gift. This must of taken you forever to put together. LOVE the fact that the kids hands are all THEIR OWN hands traced out. WOW! Thanks for sharing this darling teacher gift. Kadie (fellow design team member)

Unknown said...

What a great idea for a gift for a teacher!!! Making it personal and yes the children do look so proud!!!

Emily said...

So very cute! I am a teacher, and it is the little works written on the sun and watering can, and the smiles on each of those kids faces that are so precious! Hats off to great teachers!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

What an amazing gift, so precious!

Drew and Kristin said...

Wow! I love it. Very creative and, I'm sure, very special for the teacher. I used to be a teacher and I know I would have treasured a gift like that. Thanks for sharing!

~ Kristin

Georgiana said...

This is a fabulous class project to give to a teacher. I bet the teacher will treasure it!

JustYolie said...

Fabulous idea! He must of been so proud of his students! :)

Unknown said...

Super cute! TFS!

(fellow CJToo DT member)
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

Peggie said...

This is so cute! I love the idea and all the elements you used. I have added your blog to my favorites. Peggie