Saturday, June 25, 2011

Happy Birthday to a real Fungi!

I have this fun card to share today. I think it'd be wonderful
for just about any fun guy I know! :)
This is an A2 card, the paper is from DCWV Guy Stack. The mushroom is cut at 3" from Paisley cart. I tied some brown gros grain ribbon across the card, added some white craft twine and tied a knot on the right side of the card.

I inked around all the edges of the mushroom. Using black ink and a finger dauber adds so much dimensions on cuts like these. I embossed the white layer with the Distressed Stripes folder by Cuttlebug. The little face is from Peachy Keen's everyday face assortment. I doodled on the mushroom and added the details on the eyes with my white Gelly Roll pen.

I typed the sentiment on my computer using Expose font at 24 points. I printed it directly on the card front before assembling the card. I think these little brads are a perfect embellishment that isn't too girly.

The inside of the card is the same as the front, the black mat measure 5 3/8" x 4 1/8". The stripy mat measures 5 1/4" x 4". Again, I inked the edges of the stripey mat with black ink.

Challenges:
post signature

12 comments:

Lesley said...

Great card! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Crafting Gill said...

this is great love it thanks for joining Alphabet challenge
GIllxx

Georgiana said...

Your card is way too cute. I tried making that mushroom and I am not sure I like it yet. I used the pink and orange for a different challenge. I may send a picture to you, so you can tell me what you think.

Adrian said...

Very nice and love the extra touch with the brads! Thanks for playing @ MAG!

Carrie K said...

V ery cute!! I have a question, tho. Do you emboss BEFORE or After you stamp the face?

girlia said...

Really cute! Thanks for playing with us at MAG. That face is awesome!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun!

Melissa said...

Very cute face, love it and your embossing choice is just perfect! Thanks so much for joining Mag!

DIANA L. said...

This such a nice card. Love your colors I always like the Fungi cards-- LOL

Micki said...

lol, I'm still chuckling....wonderful card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters in our male themed birthday/anniversary challenge.

Micki said...

Hi Cheryl,

Congratulations.... you won the $10 Gift Certificate to Bonibleaux Designs. Email me at: gemxh7764@yahoo.com.

Congratulations - wonderful card.

Johnstonatxk said...

Your card is way too cute. I tried making that mushroom and I am not sure I like it yet. I used the pink and orange for a different challenge. I may send a picture to you, so you can tell me what you think.