Saturday, July 30, 2011

Footprints at the Beach card

Here is a beautiful card I made today.  Using a picture of the beach and one lonely set of footprints, I found a sentiment online that I just fell in love with!
I cut out the sentiment and mounted it up on pop dots. The main photo is matted with both black and white and the sentiment block is matted in black.  I love the three buttons I added to the right hand side of the card. 

I printed the sentiment and the picture onto glossy photo paper, giving the card a wonderful shine (but making it pretty hard to photograph well).

This card measures 4" x 9" - it's a standard #10 business size.  That makes it super easy to find an envelope and it doesn't require any extra postage. The card base is craft colored card stock.

I printed a second picture onto white card stock, again, I reduced the opacity so I can write directly on the picture when I am ready to send this to someone. 

Here is the picture I started with... one I took during  our Oregon Coast Vacation in June...

... then I added the sentiment into a block.  Using Photoshop, I created this sentiment block shape and had to cut a piece of the background out so I could change the opacity behind the sentiment.  I wanted the beach to show, but not overwhelm the words.
 
I got this sentiment from Elegant WordArt2. Here you can see just the beach behind the sentiment.

Challenge: 
post signature

7 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty! LOVE the sentiment!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Georgiana said...

Your card is gorgeous. Getting ready to work on some shaped card bases.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Shelley said...

Awesome card Cheryl! Love the picture! You did great!

Shelley
http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com
shelleymace21@gmail.com

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! Thank you for joining our “Focus on the Sentiment” challenge at Sentimental Sundays .

~Cheryl~

Unknown said...

How gorgeous! What a great effect of the softened part of the photo to show the beach behind the words without making them difficult to read!

Unknown said...

Wow, this is really gorgeous! I love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us for Sentimental Sundays Focus on the Sentiment Challenge and I hope you join us again next time!

~Heather
Kurly-Q

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful work!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura