Tuesday, July 26, 2011

You're Stinkin' Cute Card

 
I LOVE Create a Critter!! This would have to be one of my favorite cards I've creating using CAC. 
The card base is welded on my Gypsy.  I sized it to 4 1/4"x5 1/2".  I cut the skunk at 2 3/4", the stump measures 1 1/2" and the blue layer measures 3 1/4 x 4 1/2. I added a black layer behind the blue sky layer measuring just 1/8" larger.

I inked the blue layer with royal blue ink and a finger dauber.  The skunk's eyes are black flat back pearls and I added many layers of Glossy Accents to the nose to give it the wonderful shine and dimension. The sentiment is a mix of two different My Pink Stamper stamps from her Punny-licious set.

I inked the stump with black ink and the grass with forest green ink. The grass layer is from Plantin Schoolbook but at 1" and 3/4".

Can you see all the dimension here?? I attached the first layer of grass down, then added the stump with a layer of 1/8" pop dots. I then attached the second layer of grass on top. The skunk is placed on top of the stump with 1/4" pop dots. I love all the dimension!! The last thing I added was the black gel pen stitches around the postage stamp shaped card base.

post signature

6 comments:

Miranda said...

Super Cute! :)

Chriss America Real said...

Cheryl,

This card is so stinkin cute! I love the coloring you did, especially the nose! You really did a good job on the dimensions, love it.
Hey I am giving away a little candy to my followers today, I hit 100 followers, stop by if you get a chance. chrissandlou.blogspot.com

Sherry said...

Your card is so adorable. I love it.
Sherry

Emily said...

So cute! Love the critter!

janner said...

I love create a critter too. Your card is amazing. I like the colours and card shape.

myself said...

it IS stinkin' cute! i cannot say how much i love this card. adorable!