Friday, August 19, 2011

Spinning Pinwheel card

I know I haven't used my Create a Critter cart in a while, so I figured why not pull it out and have some fun!!
Here is the fun shaped card I created AND it has moving parts... two of my favorite things! :) I cut the pinwheel at 5 1/2" and welded two shadow layers for the card base. All papers are from my scraps.

I punched out the little tag so the lucky birthday kiddo will know what to do. Some cute little bakers twine is a perfect touch.

Here is the pinwheel head closed...

... and spinning....

... and open!! I love it! The cute little sentiment is from Scrappy Mom's Stamps.  I added a flocked green brad to the center and mounted the pinwheel head up on 1/4" pop dots. Gel pen stitches add a lot and I just love them too!

I used a "skinny" stick for the handle.  A little hot glue holds it in place perfectly.  

Here you can see the card base.  It opens from the top, but with the super skinny stick, there's no way it can stand on it's own (I was hoping it would be able to).  

How do you like my new watermark?? I just taught myself how to make them!! Yaaa me!! :)

btw, all the pattern papers are scraps of Heidi Grace paper (so I can't tell you which paper pad it came from). I just love how this darling card turned out.

Challenges:
Craft Junkie Too Friend

13 comments:

Jen said...

What a cute card, Cheryl! And I really love that it's interactive, too! The birthday kiddo is sure to love it.

~ Jen @ Musings of a Crafty Mom
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

Emily said...

So cute! Love the colors together :)

Mary said...

What an awesome card, never seen one like this before, love it!!

Sue said...

What an awesome card!! So creative. I love how the sentiment is revealed when the wheel turns. Great job. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Variety.

Cheryl said...

This is adorable! I love the fun shape of your card!



Thank you for joining our “Shaped Card” challenge at Sentimental Sundays .

~Cheryl~
**Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!**

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun! Great colors on this!

I used my gypsy today and made a shape card, I decided on not so difficult this time, and yippee I love how it turned out! Can't wait to finish and post it!



Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Cheryl this is so darn clever, and cute. The little birthday girl or boy will really love it. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Madison said...

Way cute!!! And really fun. Love it when we make cards we can play with!!! This is really cool. TFS and thanks for playing with us at Cooking with Cricut.
~Madison CWC DT funkycards.blogspot.com

Jean said...

Cute. Love that it really spins. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

Craftyhomemade said...

That`s super cute Cheryl.

Indira

Unknown said...

So cute! Thanks for joining us for Sentimental Sundays Shaped Card Challenge and I hope you join us again next time!

~Heather
Kurly-Q

Lizzie Laine said...

Great card, love it!

Jamilie said...

Such a fun card! Love it! Super clever! Thank you for playing with us at The Paper Variety!