Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Christmas Layout... sort of

Today is another wonderful Thankful Thursday Design Team Day over at Crazy About Cricut.  The whole reason for Thankful Thursday is to encourage crafters to get their kids (or the kids in their lives) and craft away!! I absolutely LOVE crafting with my boys... we always have a terrific time!!

The theme this week is:
A Christmas Layout


I made this 12" x 12" scrapbook page using the My Memories Suite Digital Scrapbooking software. I love it because I am not much of a scrapbooker, but I love designing on my computer so this software combines both.

This page is all about my son Bryce. The day after Thanksgiving we always have a poker party and all our family comes over. The kids love playing together. I almost always have a crafting table for the kids and they LOVE that. Well, this year, all the kids decided to dance!  

As you can read from the journaling, he broke his foot while dancing! While at the cast clinic (on November 27th) he chose to have a green cast with red stripes... his Christmas cast.

In the My Memories Suite program, I picked the background paper, placed the pictures, and even added red polka-dot ribbon and white stitching. 

I love the thin little borders you can add to the pictures too.

One last look at my layout (the second one I've ever made).

Please jump over to Crazy About Cricut and take a look at what Jenny and the other Thankful Thursday Designers have come up with for the  "Christmas Layout" theme.

If you have the time, we'd love for you to play along... don't forget to link up your Christmas Layout over at Crazy About Cricut or the post on the Thankful Thursday Challenge FB page.

1 comment:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is such a cute lay-out! Poor guy! I broke my elbow when I was 4 dancing and my daughter broke her arm doing a cartwheel on her 7th birthday! I blinged out her cast with jewels and diamonds!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com