Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Gift Card Tags

Today the new challenge over at Die Cuttin' Divas is to make some tags!

I'll be showing you how I make these Gift Card Tags. They are wonderful if you give gift cards out at Christmas time (or anytime really) but I love that they use recycled supplies too.

First step is RECYCLE!! I always love a project where you can recycle and craft! Save a toilet paper roll or two (or paper towel roll if you prefer).

I find that the best way to flatten out a TP roll is to run it through your Cuttlebug. It works great! Next,  staple it shut on only one end and the sides of the open end (see the pictures).


Don't worry about the staples, the paper will cover them up, they sure make
assembly fast... no waiting for glue to dry.

Next cut paper to fit the flat roll. My paper was cut to 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" and is from the DCWV's Christmas stack from last year... if you use mini stack there is no trimming required.... that would be even easier.

Then cut a tag that will slip into the tube. You can hand cut a tag that measures 2" x 4 3/4" or use the Schoolbook Cricut Cartridge and cut a tag using 2". You'll need two tags for each tube. I sandwich the two tags together for strength.


Punch a hole in the tag, set and eyelet and thread on some ribbon. I used my 3/16" hole and eyelets setter on my Crop-a-Dile. I used two lengths of ribbon, each measuring about 9". I couldn't resist adding some jingle bells to my tag's ribbon too. :)


I added a tag shape cut from Winter Woodland, I used my Gypsy to size it to 3 1/4" x 2" and a matching shape for the shadow sized to 3 1/2" x 2 1/4". I mounted the colored digi image from Whimise Doodles.com.

Here is a picture of each of my three different tags
The stamps are all Studio G $1 bin stamps.

 I inked all the tags and sleeves with ink and a finger dauber.


And I simply couldn't resist a "Jingle all the way" stamp on the tag.
I added a "to:" and "from:" stamp to each set too.


See how great the gift card fits the tube! And you can feel great about recycling
(and you gotta love free supplies)! As easy as these are to make, kids could easily help out. Let them color the digital stamps, even covering the tp tubes is an easy job. How about this as a holiday break activity?

I hope you'll hop over to Die Cuttin' Diva's and enter the Tag challenge. This time the challenge will be running for two weeks, so you have time to fit this challenge in. :)

4 comments:

Dixie said...

Thanks for the tutorial on these adorable tags and holders. I love the sweet images you used, and those little jingle bells are so darn cute. Great projects!

jessica said...

these are adorable!!

Sharon said...

These are great!! Now I would have never thought to use tp cardboard for tag holders. Awesome!! I will be giving this a try! Love the digis! :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute tags!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com