Monday, August 20, 2012

Summer Sheep Scene Card

I am a VERY proud new member of Cori's Design Team over at Ginger Snaps Scraps and today I have a fun card to share with you!

For my project today, I am featuring this summery county sheep card.
I just love summer!! For this card,  I used Preserves for the card base and the black and cloud layers.  The card measure 4 1/4 x 5 1/2". All the solid paper is Bazzill Cardstock.

I used Glossy Accents on the sun and Stardust Stickles to line the clouds. I used my white gel pen to stitch around the black layer (big surprise, huh!)  :) The background cloud layer is from Echo Park - so sorry, I don't have the paper pad name anymore.

I didn't have any yellow rhinestones, so I used clear ones and colored them in with a yellow Sharpie. 

The sheep is cut out using white DCWV glitter paper and then ran it through my Swiss dots embossing folder.  I also embossed the largest and smallest hill in the background.

I inked the edges of all layers on the hill in greens, the clouds (and cloud background) in blue, and the sun in black.

Supplies Used:
Bazzill card stocks for all solid layers
Craft paper for the card base
Cloud paper for the cloud mat
pink flower brads
DCWV glitter paper (for the sheep)
Stardust Stickles
Glossy Accents
Scotch Quick dry glue
3M ATG glue runner
various inks to ink the edges

Cricut Cartridges Used:
Country Life : sheep cut at 1 1/2" tall
County Life : hills/sunshine cut at 5 1/4" wide
Create a Critter : clouds cut at 1", 1/2" and 3/4"
Preserves : scallop top label - welded with my Gypsy

We'd love if you'd jump over to the Ginger Snap Scraps blog and check out what the other DT ladies have come up with.  Don't forget you can pick up lots of papercrafting supplies at

4 comments:

Candy said...

What a great card! Love the glossy accents and glitter!
Candy

Jennipher said...

What a fantastic scene you have created on this card! Love it.

Pam said...

This is so pretty!
Pam

Georgiana said...

Congrats to you on your new Design Team! Great card with the shimmer and glossy accents.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations