Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy Birthday slider card

Hi everyone!!

I have another challenge card to share with you today.  I made this birthday card for the My Pink Stamper (Robyn) birthday challenge


This cute little cake from Simply Charmed was cut at 2 1/2".  I lined up the candle and placed them on the slider so when you pull the tab, the candles "go out"... I thought it was oh-so-cute! :)


The "Make a Wish" stamp and the glitter glue is from Studio G.


The "Happy Birthday" stamp is from Target's dollar bins.

The cake is mounted up on pop dots.  The little light yellow ribbon is from my stash.

  I have matching polka dot paper on the inside of the card too, but forgot to take a picture of it. :(

I do have the gypsy cut file for this card.  If you'd like it, please email or tell me in a comment and I can email it to you.  The file uses Simply Charmed, Tags, Bags, Boxes and More and Plantin Schoolbook.

Thanks so much for visiting me here at CardsbyCG.blogspot.com.  I'd love to hear what you think.  Feel free to become a follower or sign up for my email updates (provided through FeedBurner).  I'd love to share my crafting journey with you! - Cheryl

10 comments:

Sheena said...

Too Cute!! I love how you did the flames..so neat..TFS!!

Hugs, Sheena

Sheena said...

Thanks so much for sharing with me that challenge..I plan to work on something to tomorrow for it..I'm excited!!

Hugs, Sheena

Paper Panther and Rayna said...

Holy Smoke that is the cleverest card I have every seen, just Darling!! - Paper Panther

Pink Lady's Paradise said...

What a fabulous idea to make the candle flame "go out" with the slider!!!
Great card!
Thanks for the inspiration,
Cindy :)

Fun Paper Creations said...

This is a wonderful idea! I love the card.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

great card design! Love the pull out tag! This cake is one of my favorite cuts!

Tana said...

What a cute idea..love ur cards..
new follower!
www.craftymomma04.blogspot.com

Anna said...

Another adorable card. Very clever. I'd love the gypsy file if you don't mind. Just a ? tho. Do I connect my gypsy to the computer and then import the file into the gypsy? Sorry I am just learning my cricut gypsy and make the cut software...And I'm not a fast learning LOL Thank you so much.

DIANA L. said...

beautifully executed and very clever TFS
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Libby Beach said...

that is so so cool!!! I have never seen a "slider" card, but I love it! :) Any turorials or files you have would be excellent! :)