Friday, February 18, 2011

Toasting the new couple

I have this card to share with you today.  It was very fun to make but with the metallic paper and glitter paper, it sure is hard to photograph!! Holy COW!! :(

Okay, first of all I have to say I had a REALLY BAD crafting day today!! I made this card and screwed up the embossed sentiment THREE times.  Then I wanted to apply Glossy Accents to the little champagne glasses and because they are cut out of vellum they TOTALLY buckled.  I had to take everything apart and re-do it!! I've never had such a rough day at the crafting table!! GRRR!

I used Simply Charmed for the wedding glasses.  The glasses are cut in vellum, the champagne layer is vellum also but I only had the white vellum so I colored it with my ink dauber. The shadow is cut out of silver metallic mirrored paper.  The glasses are mounted up on pop-dots.


I used Martha Stewart's "Swirling Lace" border punch on the side.  My first layer is DCWV glitter paper in a champagne color, then I layered a piece of vellum and another layer of glitter paper.


The background paper is the same DCWV  matted on more of the metallic silver paper and then attached to a white card stock base.

The sentiment "So happy for you!" is embossed in silver embossing powder.... if you are ever thinking of embossing on glitter paper... please rethink it... what a pain!!  The stamp is from Scrappy Mom's.  :)

I promise you... it's MUCH prettier in person!!! :)

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

post signature

5 comments:

Jeri said...

Beautiful wedding card. I love all the sparkle and glitter. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Cricut Cardz.

Cathryn said...

Very beautiful, it came out lovely! TFS Cathryn67 <3

Charlotte said...

Oh how lovely. I really love the glitter. So pretty!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

It looks great! I think we have all had those crafty days! I spent so much time on one card and it had a ton of layers and bling and I was so happy it was finally done, then realized the card base was upside down!

Anonymous said...

ohhh I am so with abusybee...I've done that too many times than I want to admit! lol We've all been there..((hugs)) it turned out great!