Sunday, March 13, 2011

Panoramic Beach Card



Here is a wonderful card I made using a photo I took in January of 2010.  We live in SW Washington and it's a little drive to the Oregon Coast, but it's beautiful there and we try to make the 2 hour drive there a couple of times a year.  One day in early January when the storms make the beach absolutely wonderful, we packed the family up for a day trip.

Here is a close-up of my photo
I made this card large to accommodate the panoramic style I cropped this photo to. The card base measures 4" x 9" and it's also an easel card. I cut the card base from white card stock, but matted the photo on black and then on an embossed stripe and then on Bazzill shimmer blue card stock.


Here you can see the three black eyelets I added to the right side of the card as well as some of the white stitching.  I hand drew the faux stitching using my white Gelly-roll gel pen on the black and blue mats.


This is just the little tab I printed the date on. I ran a scrap of the bazzill card stock threw my printer.  With all the texture in the card stock, the ink didn't show up great but I like the more subtle look and decided to use it anyway.


Here you can see the card when opened up into the easel.  As you can tell, it can stand on it's own.  I LOVE making easel cards! :)

Side view of the easel card.

The only Cricut cuts on here are the sentiment blocks and the mats.  I wanted to make sure the rectangles are STRAIGHT so I used Plantin Schoolbook for the black border mats,  striped mats and the bazzill blue mats.  Simple rectangles, but I can really tell if I cut them off kilter!! :(

I am entering this card into the following challenge:
post signature

9 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty! What a great photo!

sgrcookie said...

What a gorgeous card/photo! Love how you made it an easel card and wow, so many challenges you were able to enter it into...good luck!

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful photo and card! Thanks for playing in my Fun Fold Card Challenge! :) Janis

Anonymous said...

Great photo card...what cartridge did you use?

Mary said...

So pretty, I love Lincoln City!

Anonymous said...

Great photo card!!

Thanks for joining us at AC.

Huggies Angel

Sherri said...

Great way to showcase that beautiful photo!

Thanks for Jitterbuggin'!

Lesley said...

Fab card, what a great photo! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Jennifer said...

Cheryl,

Your picture's so beautiful, it doesn't look real!!! :)

Thanks for sharing!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com