Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Notebooks by my boys

Jenny over at CrazyAboutCricut.blogspot.com posted a challenge at NOON that we have until 6pm to post up  a project.  We'll, my boys and I got busy!! I had some left over images from a digi I made last week.  It features a  Delicious Doodles image called On The Lookout.

We started with the following supplies:
 a couple packs of index cards (one set of small and one set of large ones)
 a Zutter Bind-it-all, some white binding wire (1/2")
 recycled card board from cereal boxes (for the covers) 
mixes embellishments, punches and stamps

My boys are on Spring Break this week so we are having fun crafting!!! These notebooks are for their teachers... they'll be getting them on Monday when they return to school.

Here is the one my 6-year-old, Owen made.  He used a Scrappy Mom's stamp and an EK Success punch called journaling tag. He added some green rhinestones (and even make little collars for his bunnies).


My 8 -year-old, Bryce used a Fiskar's border punch, some Roseart colored pencils, and a strip of light blue rhinestones for his notebook. He chose the larger index cards so his notebook is a nice larger size.

These adorable notebooks are also entered into:

post signature

6 comments:

SiskiyouSue said...

The notebooks are darling. I'm a teacher and I'll have to say that I'd love to receive one. Nice gift.

Georgiana said...

Your boys did a great job. Lucky you to find such a challenge.

Georgiana

Jeri said...

Great job on your little notebooks boys. The teachers are going to love these. I know, I'm retired from elementary ed. Thanks for sharing with us at Cricut Cardz and I hope you have more creations to follow and enjoy the rest of your Spring break.

Anita said...

Wow! These are awesome!! Nice job! Thanks for joining our "Bunny Blog Hop" at Cricut Cardz Challenge! Anita

Celeste B. said...

Those notebooks are perfect!!! Great job boys! Makes me wish I was your teacher! :) TFS!

4kids4 said...

Great gifts for your boys' teachers...they'll love them! I love when my kids craft with me. :-)

~Sharon C.