Saturday, June 18, 2011

Autobot Transformers Card

My six year old needed a card for a classmate last week, but I finally got a chance to post it.  We weren't able to make his party, so we wanted to make sure to include a gift card. Here is a Transformers card I made for one Autobot lovin' seven year old! :)

This is the finished card. It's a shaped card that is the Autobot logo.  It goes together like a big puzzle.  After assembling the pieces on the black shadow layer, I traced the red layers with a metallic silver gel pen.  All the transformer logos I found had some metallic on it so I thought it was the perfect touch for this card.

I added a little gift card pocket to the inside of the card. The stamps is from my stash, sorry, I don't know who makes it.  I detailed the pocket with some more gel pen accents and a Transformers logo.

Here you can see the entire cut.  I made it from a google image of the Autobot logo.  I converted it to an svg file in Inkscape and then took it to Sure Cuts a Lot to make the layers and weld the card base together.  I've provided links to both the svg file and the completed card for SCAL.  I hope that one of these files will work for you, no matter which die cutter or software you use. Please let me know if you have problems.  

Here is the screen shot of my SCAL file.

Download files via 4 Shared:

If you do download this file, please leave me a comment. I'd love to know how many of you are interested in free svg files.  I'll include them (and Gypsy files too) more often if they are appreciated.


Challenge:
2 Sisters Challenge blog : guy card

Craft Junkie Too Friend

post signature

3 comments:

Carrie K said...

Great card!! I REALLY wish I had gotten scal or mtc while you could still use it on the cricut!! My son would flip over this card. His birthday is in August and he will be 27!! Guess you are never too old for Transformers!! LOL

Carol said...

Hi Cheryl,
Love the Autobot and all your cards. I live in Seattle and am relatively new to the cardmaking scene. I don’t have a blog, so I’m unable to post anything. I have some questions about SVG files and 4shared and SCAL. I’m confused, do you pay for 4shared? I have SCAL, the Cricut compatible one, but I can’t figure out how to download the files and import them to my SCAL. Do you have any suggestions? I’m attaching a few samples of my cards. My cardmaking efforts mirror my life philosophy…’if a little bit is good a whole lot is better!’ Sometimes it’s with the embellishments that I just keep adding, other times it’s with the details I put in…but, I love it. Can’t believe how much money I have spent in the year or so I’ve been addicted! Thanks for any help you can share.

XOXOX & Blessings,
Carol

Brumouse said...

great card! Thanks for the image. I am going to make goodie bags with vinyl cut out of autobot & put on clear cello bag.