Friday, June 10, 2011

Super Simple Critters

I'm sure you've had day like I did today! I was super busy, I made a pack of invites for my favortie neighbors and then my son's reminded me about two birthdays that are happening this weekend! 
So I needed two super simple cards right away!
Because I needed cards for a boy and girl, I grabbed my favorite go-to cartridge: Create a Critter. I made two shape cards, one kitty and one dinosaur.

The kitty measures 5" and I welded two shadow layers for the card base. After assembling the cards, I added some glitter glue to the bow, gel pen accents to the eyes, Glossy Accents to the nose and black Glaze pen for the whiskers. Super simple and super cute too.

What I love about shaped critter cards is how they can stand up on their own. They really make an adorable display for the little birthday kiddo even after the party! :)

The Dinosaur card came together nearly the same way.  I welded two of the base layers to make the card body. All layers measured 5 1/2" (and will fit into an A2 envelope). After assembling the card I added white gel pen to the eye and black Glaze pen for the doodle details on the dino body. Pretty cute for a boy's birthday card.

Again, this dino can stand on it's own!  I love that I cut, assembled and detailed both card in just under half an hour. Perfect for the time frame I had... I still need to go out and grab some presents in the morning before the parties!

Challenge:
post signature

5 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So cute, you rock these shape cards! I am on my way to check out the challenge you entered these into!

jessica said...

these are so cute Cheryl! I have the hardest time welding cards so I tend to not but I love shape cards!! TFS

Just A Pac Rat said...

These are so adorable! I just learned about welding the 2 shadows together to make a card, I will have to give it a try. TFS

circlebenterprises.com

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

I like your shaped cards. I need to look up how to do this on Internet to give it a try.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Such fun cards -- love the shapes and all the sweet little details you added to each one! Thanks for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown! :-)