Friday, July 1, 2011

Campfire card

Taking some inspiration from my recent camping trip, I made this fun birthday card for my Dad's upcoming birthday.
The campfire is cut @ 3 1/2" from Create a Critter. The hot dog is from Simply Charmed, sized to 2" and the roasting stick is a "v" and and "l" from Simply Sweet. I used my Corner Chomper to round the two bottom edges of the card.

I inked around the camp fire layers with orange, the fire wood  and roasting stick layers with brown and the hot dog layer with orange, brown and black. I added some Stardust Stickles to the flames. I mounted the flames up on pop dots, one layer under the large flames, and two layers under the smaller flame.

This is a cute Scrappy Mom's stamp.  It's one of my very favorites! :)  I added white gel pen doodling around the black layer.

I added a trio of black dew drops to the top of the card and some white craft twine across the card base. The hot dog and roasting stick are mounted up on pop dots for lots of dimension.  Here you can see I punched two holes in the hot dog so I could make it look like the stick is poking through the dog.

To finish off the card, I decorated the inside with scraps too.

Challenges : 
post signature

11 comments:

Georgiana said...

Oooh, roasting hot dogs over an open flame taste so much better than cooking them in the house. I love how you pieced together the letters to make the roasting stick.

Great Job!
Georgiana

Vicki said...

What a cute fun card!!

Bobby said...

Another great one, Cheryl. Your details make the card.

Kim Ricketts said...

I love this card! It has so many details. Very Very cute!

Cards and Crafts by Sheree said...

Very cute card! I love the roasting stick...awesome idea!

DonnaMundinger said...

Just adorable! Great inking and th eflames are fabulous! What a super design! xxD

Melissa said...

This is so pretty, love it and it's just perfect for the challenge, thanks so much for joining CCC!

Anonymous said...

cute card! Love how you did the glitter on the fire really makes it "Spark" great job! :-)


-Sam :-)

SamanthaJDesigns @ hotmail.com
SamanthaJDesigns.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a stunning & amazing card!!! Love all the great details! Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week! Good luck! Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

Debbie said...

What a cool card!! Your hot dog looks good enough to eat!!! :D
http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Adorable! That hot dog on a stick is about the cutest danged thing ever :) I love the shimmer the fire has.