Sunday, July 24, 2011

Monogrammed Flower Window Card

I have a fun card to share with you.  The funnest part is the vellum window. :)

The flower cut is from Joy's of the Season. I welded the shadow to a Cindy Loo frame to create the front of the card.  I welded two frames (hide all contours) to create the card body. It sure creates a terrifically different card! :)

The Cindy Loo frame is sized to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  All card stock is Bazzil: I cut the card base from white, the front card layer in purple, the stems in green, and the flowers and butterflies (MS Butterfly punch) from pink. I cut an addtional card front layer from vellum and sandwiched it between the purple and white card base  layer.


This flower is cut from Joys of the Season, sized to 3 1/2".  I cut three layers for the flower head so I could curl them to add a ton of dimension.


I added the "V" from Cindy Loo. I welded it into the card base too. Doesn't it make an adorable monogram on this lovely card.  I love the simple details on Cindy Loo.

I added some white flat back pearls to the flower center and a few around the card. 


Here you can see the wonderful card shape!! I hope you enjoy this card as much as I do. :)

Challenges: 
post signature

5 comments:

Dawn said...

I love your velum window cards. Thats a wonderful idea and they turned out beautiful. I will have to give that a try sometime. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day.

Pat N. said...

So pretty, Cheryl; love your flower!--Pat N.

Melissa said...

Very pretty, love how the flower is raised off the ! Thanks so much for joining CCC!

Jeri said...

Gorgeous! Great attention to detail from the card shape, to the vellum to the layers of the flower. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cricut Cardz.

Bobby said...

I said I was going to start making some of the shaped cards and I still plan to do that when my personal life calms down. I just love all you do.