Thursday, November 10, 2011

Jacob's Ladder Mini Album

Today is another wonderful Thankful Thursday Design Team Day over at Crazy About Cricut.  The whole reason for Thankful Thursday is to encourage crafters to get their kids (or the kids in their lives) and craft away!! I absolutely LOVE crafting with my boys... we always have a terrific time!!

The theme this week is:
 Fall 
Make a project that "falls" open


This post is photo heavy, but I also created a video tour of this mini. 

All the paper I used is from DCWV's Guy Stack. For this album, it's suggested that you use thick coaster, mat or chip board. While I didn't have any of those on hand, I had some old board books from when my boys were little (you can buy these at Dollar Tree for way less than chipboard too).

After a took a look at the tutorial here from Split Coast Stampers, my boys and I decided to make these minis to give to all the grandparents in our lives. LOVE THEM!! :)

This is Bryce's page. On the left is info about him, favorite books right now, his age and what grade he is in. On the right is his school picture, all matted in more of the same paper collection. I inked around all edges with a finger dauber and black ink.

Here is Owen's (Owie) page. 

Here is the back cover... but as you keep turning pages, the back cover become the front cover and you can continue to flip...

The sheer ribbon allows you to see the pictures throughout the album, but is also creates the binding of the Jacob's Ladder...

Now Owie is first in the album. His pic on the left and info on the right...

next comes, Bryce. Same as before, Bryce's page has his pic and info, but the order is reversed. Being the first born, he is usually first, but Owie gets to be first for a change in this mini (which he LOVED).

This is how the book opens up flat.

And here is the back side (or is it the front side?).


Please jump over to Crazy About Cricut and take a look at what Jenny and the other Thankful Thursday Designers have come up with for the  "Fall" theme.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

This is so COOL Cheryl! I so want to make one of these now....or several actually! :) Thanks for sharing and I've already printed out the tutorial! (Yep, I'm giddy at the moment! haha!)

Shelley
http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com
shelleymace21@gmail.com

Debican said...

Cheryl, this is just so adorable. What a great why to share pic's and thoughts of your boys. I really want to try this. Thanks for sharing this super cool project. Hugs, Debi