Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Snowman Kit

Today is another Craft Junkie Too Design Team day. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love being on Tracy's Design Team!! Her awesome assignments are just a small part of it.  The challenge for this week is to make project that can be used for a last minute Christmas gift.

Here is my Snowman Kit (just add snow).
As you can see, this is not a real snowman... I made a fake one for my pictures, but you get the idea. The kit is to provide all the must-haves for a super fun snowman.

Here are all the things in our kit. 
a hat, a scarf, two button for the eyes, six buttons for the mouth and one artificial carrot nose.

The hat was a $1 Tree find. I cut the scarf and trim for the hat (and pom-pom) from some scrap holiday felt. I added some plastic reinforcement to help the hat hold it's shape.

I bought some stiff felt and hand cut and sewed this adorable carrot nose. We stuffed it with cotton balls. I added the little details with a dark brown Bic marker. Adding the dowel to the end of the nose will keep it in the snowman perfectly! :)

My boys picked out "the perfect snowman eyes" button from Joann's but you can easily use what you might already have in your stash. I hot glued half a tooth pick to the back of each button. Again, this will make them super easy for little hands to place on the snowman.

Six buttons for the mouth are attached to 1/2 tooth picks too. These are smaller than the eye buttons.

My sons picked out this snowman tin from Dollar Tree too. It is perfect to store all the snowman pieces until the snow falls. 

And the tin fits into the hat just perfectly too.

Here are the tags I will be attaching to the Snowman Kit. I made them just for this project, so feel free to grab them if you are making a Snowman Kit too.

Simply right click on the tags to save them. I've sized them to a 4" x 6" photo size, but feel free to print them to fit your project.

And one last look at my snowman kit.

That's it, please head over to Tracy's blog and see what

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute! What a great gift idea for a family! Thanks for sharing!
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

Miranda said...

Super Cute! No snow here in South Louisiana, we would need an alligator kit for anyone who is brave enough to try dressing one! LOL
Miranda :)

Shelley said...

So, so cute Cheryl! Love it, love it! Great gift idea! :) Hope you and your family have a very Merry CHRISTmas and a blessed New year!


Shelley
Fellow DT member
http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com
shelleymace21@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

He's adorable!

Merry Christmas, Lori

KardsbyKadie said...

Well Cheryl - Once again you hit our design challenge OUT OF THE PARK! Well done girlfriend! Love that you can store all the pieces in a tin that stores in the snowmans hat - BRILLIANT! Love your idea and going to make several of these for my grandkids to keep by the front door for when it snows. Wishing you and your family a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!