Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Monarch Butterfly Birthday

Today marks the start of another Die Cuttin' Divas Challenge!!
This weeks theme is


Here is my Monarch Butterfly birthday card. I love the colors, that patterned paper, and I really couldn't go wrong with this wonderful butterfly. :) This is a standard A2 (5 1/2" x 4 1/4"). The patterned paper is from Echo Park's Summer Days collection. Then I just pulled colors from the pattern to add my rhinestones and die cut layers.

As you can see, I turned the sketch on it's side for my card. :)

The beautiful butterfly is from Everyday Pop Up Cards. This is my absolute favorite butterfly on any Cricut cartridge. I cut the bottom layer out in orange, the top layer is black and I doodled spots on it to resemble a Monarch. The body is attached to the card and the wings are up on pop-dots. The butterfly and all it's layers are cut at 2".

The branch and leaves are from Cindy Loo. I doubled up the branch and welded it with my Gypsy. It's cut at 2 1/2" including the leaves layers. To give the leaves the wonderful texture/realism, I inked the edges using some darker green ink and a sponge. Some of the leaves are attached with pop-dots.

I couldn't resist adding some white gel pen stitches and this adorable birthday stamp from Inkadinkado.

These little stripes were cut to 4" x 3/4" and then punched with my Fiskars scalloped border punch. The three embellishments running along the box in the sketch became so charming when I added some dark pink self-adhesive rhinestones to finish off the sketch.

We'd love for you to come on over and play along with us at Die Cuttin' Divas!
This weeks theme is

The sponsor for the Challenge prize is

8 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Oh so pretty...love that butterfly! Lee-Ann :)

Migdalia said...

Hi Cheryl!Pretty pattern paper,Loev the Pink, and of course my favorite is the Butterfly!!!
Migdaila

Pat N. said...

Wow Cheryl! First of all, I love that you turned the sketch--what a great idea! Second, that butterfly couldn't be more authentic looking if you went outside and caught one! OMG, it's absolutely gorgeous. Your card is wonderful, girl! Just love it.--Pat

Creative Diva said...

Stunning card! love the stitching.

Paper Deckerations said...

Gorgeous card Cheryl! That butterfly just pops!!

Gerda said...

What a adorable card. Love that patterned paper and the butterfly.
Gerda.

Candy said...

Fabulous card Cheryl! That butterfly is gorgeous. I just love all the extras you have done with the gel pen!
Candy

Michaelleys said...

Oh so pretty...love that butterfly! Lee-Ann :)