Thursday, August 30, 2012

Summer "thanks" card

I am a proud member of Cori's Design Team over at Ginger Snaps Scraps and today I have a fun card to share with you!

I love making shaped cards (as you'll know if you are regular visitor) but I like to look beyond the usual shapes for my inspiration. This card, believe it or not, is created by re-sizing a tag shape.
I love summer!! This would be a wonderful birthday card for someone special, but this one is a fun thank you card.

My little sentiment tag is hand cut to about 3/4" x 2". The stamp is from Scrappy Mom's Stamps. I mounted the tag up on pop dots and tucked the end under the tree just a little. I finished off the tag with some white gel pen stitches.

The sun is from Celebrate with Flourish, cut at 1 3/4". I added Glossy Accents to the center (it's still wet in the picture). The clouds are from Serenade, cut at 1" and 1 1/4". Both layers of the sun were inked with orange ink, on the clouds I used blue ink.

This tree is from Simply Charmed, all layers cut at 3 1/4". The grass is from Paper Doll Dress up cut at 1" and 3/4". The little bird is from Serenade, cut at 3/4".  I also used green and clear Glaze pens to add the details on the tree. I inked the tree and grass with green ink and the sky layer was detailed with the same blue ink I used on the clouds.

I hand drew the little daises with my white gel pen and added the centers with a yellow self adhesive rhinestones.

Here you can see the full card base.  I used Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cart.  This tag is from page 91 (button #10) using the mirror creative feature. I sized the base to 4 1/4" x 11". The front layers were sized down by 1/4" each. The black layer measures 4" x 5 1/4" and the blue sky layer measures 3 3/4" x 5".

We'd love if you'd jump over to the Ginger Snap Scraps blog and check out what the other DT ladies have come up with.  Don't forget you can pick up lots of papercrafting supplies at

No comments: