Thursday, September 23, 2010

More Than Favors Challenge

Wacky Wednesday #8 - Color Challenge

This week for Wacky Wednesday I wanted to do a Color Challenge... The Colors are Pink, Black, Grey & White.

Here is my entry for the color challenge.

My sister-in-law's Mother is in need of a pick me up.  During a Mammogram, she found a lump in her breast.  She's had it removed and will be starting Chemotherapy soon.  This little whale is for her.


This is a Z-fold card (A2 size) and has a pink card stock base. Next, it has a white CS base topped with a pink and white striped vellum (Colorbok) - same treatment for the inside of the card. The whale is cut at 3 1/2" from Create a Critter complete with Grey and pink layers.  The ribbon on the left side is Straight and Narrow ribbon from Michaels. 


The card is topped off with a computer generated sentiment reading "Get Whale Soon" (Sweden font) matted in black.  I added some pink rhinestones to the  sentiment panel and the whale, added Stickles to the whale spray and dotted the eyes with a white gel pen.


This card is also being entered into the Paper Cutz Challenge : Critters

Thanks so much for visiting me here at CardsbyCG.blogspot.com.  I'd love to hear what you think.  Feel free to become a follower or sign up for my email updates (provided through FeedBurner).  I'd love to share my crafting journey with you! - Cheryl

12 comments:

Jean said...

This is so cute!! I love it. I am going to have to do a card with this fold.

Celeste B. said...

I absolutely love it!! I hope everything goes ok with your sister-in-law's Mother!! Such a cute card! :)

Gloria said...

Super CUTE card!!! I Love it and your blog:)

More Than Favors said...

CHeryl this looks awesome! i love it! the whale is so cute :) thanks for joining us at More Than favors again.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

What a GREAT pick-me-up card! Love that whale!
Lovin' thoughts to your SIL's mom with her treatment!
Maria

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So adorable! Love the colors!

Georgiana said...

I am so glad you decided to try the challenge too. You created a wonderful whale.

Georgiana : )

StephanieR said...

I love this card! That color combo is beautiful!! TFS!!!

Quirkylane said...

I love the fold and the colors are beautiful together! Great job!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Ok, I love this whale cut first - it's just adorable - but the colors you've used are GORGEOUS!!! I love this - perfect for Paper Cutz this week thanks for playing
Melissa

Diane said...

Great card and I am sure the lady will love it and it will pick up her spirits. Thanks for joining the challenge at Paper Cutz.

GiuliaG. said...

Terrific job on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Paper Cutz.