Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Love Bug Gift Box

I am a very proud member of Tracy's design team over at Craft Junkie Too.  Tracy asked her design team to share a "What's Love Got to do With it" project. We were asked to make a gift bag, party favor, treat bag, box, (for a valentine party or gift) and incorporate the word LOVE in it. :)


I re-used an old vitamin container. I cut a strip of red paper at 4" x 12" and used a Martha Stewart Punch to both the top and bottom. 
I used mylar filler (from the Dollar Tree) and filled the jug. You can easily tuck lots of little chocolates, money, small toys or other treats inside the filler.


I used a Bow Easy to tie my bow (there is no way I'd get it that perfect on my own).


The Ladybug is from Doodlecharms (cut at 3"). I added white and pink gel pen
 "stitches", Glossy Accents and a Action Wobble finish off the ladybug.


I tied some white craft twine to buttons and glued
 then to the bottom of my recycled vitamins jug.


The word "love" is from Simply Sweet.  I added gel pen accents
and glossy accents to the center of the heart.


I added lots of gel pen accents to the border punch.

Please jump over to Tracy's blog at Craft Junkie Too and join in on her challenge.  Have some fun with one of my favorite crafters... she'd love to see what you come up with.

Thanks so much for visiting me here at CardsbyCG.blogspot.com.  I'd love to hear what you think.  Feel free to become a follower or sign up for my email updates (provided through FeedBurner).  I'd love to share my crafting journey with you! - Cheryl

7 comments:

Crafting Katie said...

You are so clever! Great way to recycle, and this turned out absolutely adorable!

Unknown said...

So adorable! There are so many little touches that make it extra special :)

Tracy said...

Awesome project Cheryl -- I love recycling projects.....thanks for being such a wonderful part of my CJToo Crafty Designers Team. :)))
♥Tracy

BikerGranny said...

This is really cute! I save all sorts of containers that I think would be useful in the future, but would have never thought to save a vitamin/medicine bottle - brilliant!

Carrie's Corner said...

Great project. Love all the details on your lady bug and Action Wobbles are awesome!

Carrie

JustYolie said...

What a fun project!

Libby Beach said...

this is such a great project!! I love all of the doodling! :)