Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bee Happy

Today is another Craft Junkie Too Design Team day. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love being on Tracy's Design Team!! Her awesome assignments are just a small part of it. 

 The challenge for this week is:
Designer's Choice

I LOVE shaped cards and this is one of my favorites. I grabbed a tag shape from Preserves and sized it to an A2 card base (5 1/2" x 4 1/4"). Adding some layers is a wonderful technique. I inked the yellow honey-comb-like layer with some brown ink.

This adorable and simple bee is from Everyday Pop Up cards, cut to 3" the size fits perfectly into the shape at the top of the card.

This wonderful sentiment is from a Studio G set I grabbed at Joann's for $1. The black and white ribbon is from my stash. I just love how the polka-dot ribbon mimics the look of honey comb on this bee themed card.

I cut doubles of the wing layers so I could curl them and add dimension with pop dots. The wings were also coated with a layer of Stardust Stickles.

The inside of the card is finished off with scraps of the yellow polka-dot paper and this cute little bee is also from the Studio G stamp set.

That's it, please head over to Tracy's blog and see what

Challenge 

16 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Pretty bee card Cheryl....

Bobby said...

I alaways love your shaped cards and the paper you used on this one really makes it perfect.

Shelley said...

Love your beehive! :)
Hugs!

Shelley
Fellow DT member
http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com

KardsbyKadie said...

I normally don't like bees - but your card is KILLER CUTE! Love the sentiment you picked up at Joann's. Many Thanks for sharing with us Cheryl! Kadie

Migdalia said...

Loev it!Super Cute Bee!!!!

Pat N. said...

Great card, Cheryl. Don't you just love those Studio G dollar stamps!?--Pat

DonnaMundinger said...

Bee-autiful, Cheryl! Love the shape and the sparkly wings. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 xxD

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

This is cute..Thanks for playing along at BBTB2..Hugs..Krista

Jeri said...

Super card. I love how you made the shaped card with the tag. One of my favorite things to do, though it's been awhile since I've done one. Your background paper is perfect to go along with the bee, it looks like a beehive. Thanks for playing at BBTB2.

A Little Time said...

cute, cute!! I really like the shaped card. Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

GiuliaG. said...

I really love the shaped card and love the beehive paper. thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

Carole Beath said...

What a darling card. Love that bee. Thanks for joining us on our BBTB2 challenge.
Carole

shelly said...

super shaped card thanks for sharing with us at bbtb2 :)

~JulieH~ said...

Beautiful card! Thanks somuch for joining us at BBTB2
Juliex

Tangle said...

OOO! I love honeycomb patterned anything, along with those gorgeous glittered wings! Thanks for sharing your creativity at BBTB2

Anonymous said...

Very elegant card. Love the bee. He really is a beauty. Thanks for sharing at BBTB2.
Stephanie