Monday, November 15, 2010

Being Sick is Ruff!

Here is the project I am entering into the Fabtabolous Cricut weekly challenge.
Challenge #36 Achoo!

(I used three blue rhinestones)

Blue is, by far, my favorite color

I made this "Get well soon" Cup a Soup packet. It is the same design that I used to make a Hot Chocolate card last week. This week, I am changing it up a little bit and it becomes a "Being Sick is Ruff" card.

I used Cloud 9 paper called "travel stripe"

Here is the project all opened up. As you can see the cup-of-soup packet attaches at the top with two holes (I used my crop a dile, but any hole puncher will do) and tie a bow with ribbon to hole the packet. 


On the inside, I added more of the Cloud 9 patterned paper and a MS photo corner punches as the message portion of the card. I added black stitches (yeah, I'm kind of addicted) and a Scrappy Mom's stamp from "Everyday Greetings."


Here is a couple close-ups of the front.  I added a sentiment I made on my computer (attached with pop-dots), the dog is from Create a Critter (Dalmatian cut at 3") also attached with pop-dots.


And I added some rhinestones for some sparkle, one on his collar, and three up the left side of the card front.



Here are the dimensions for this project:
Card body: 4" x 11" - scored and folded at 1" and 6 1/4" 
Front mat: 3 3/4" x 4 1/2"
Inside mat: 3 3/4" x 4 1/2" 
Ribbon: about 10"

Do you need to add this cute card to your emergency stash?? 
It's for sale in my Etsy store.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62204722/being-sick-is-ruff


Thanks so much for visiting me here at CardsbyCG.blogspot.com.  I'd love to hear what you think.  Feel free to become a follower or sign up for my email updates (provided through FeedBurner).  I'd love to share my crafting journey with you! - Cheryl

24 comments:

Sheena said...

Awe so cute & sweet :)

MoonDust Bath and Body said...

I love it the soup is such a good idea. Thanks for joining us at FCCB

Fun Paper Creations said...

I love this card! Thank so much for sharing :)

Helen said...

This is so cute! Thanks for joinging Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

Jean said...

Cheryl, This card is so cute. I love how you added the cup of soup. Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week and good luck. :)

SpantastiKreations said...

Love the idea of adding the soup.

TFS,
Thank you for joining us on FCCB this week.

Erin

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute!

Carol Ric said...

very very cute!

Saundra said...

Super cute idea! This little dog is so cute! Thanks for joining in the fun at FCCB!

CricutLvr!! said...

What a cute card. Love the lit pup and the sentiment is just perfect!! Thanks for playing along at FCCB and good luck!

Madison said...

This is super cute! I love it:)
~Madison www.funkycards.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Cheryl,
Thank you for joining the FCCB Challenge this week. I love how you included the soup in it. That was a perfect stamp & dog for this challenge. Great job.

Angela
Simple Creations

Kate said...

What a nice surprise to hide the soup inside! That striped paper is perfect with your little pup. Great job!
Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB this week!

Laney said...

Super cute card!!!
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week would love to see you next week too
hugs
laney

Berry said...

Wow this is just stuning work thanks so much for sharing with us at OSAAT this wk hugs Rebekah xx

Threadbear said...

Your card is so cute -- love the dog and how you added the soup!!

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Fabulous card - love the colours - thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week
Hugs,
Debbie x

CuteCuteWorld said...

I love this idea with the soup!

Thanks for playing with us over at FCCB :)

Jordan

Michelle said...

thats adorable! what a cute idea, I will have to remember this one!
scrappinwithmybug.com

uksharon said...

Great idea and wonderful card.
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT challenge this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Rosanne said...

So cute! Thansk for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

Cathy Martin said...

This is adorable. Great job. Thanks for joining in on the fun at FCCB.

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Fantabulous Cricut.

Jamiecrafts said...

this is so clever, WTG! i love it :)

thanks for joining us at FCCB :)