Friday, January 21, 2011

"Love you sweetheart" card

Hi everybody, I am on a roll!! Here is another challenge entry.

This time the challenge is over at Fantabulous Cricut. The challenge this week is to create a project that includes sweets (i.e. ice cream, candy, cake etc.)

I made this Valentine card for my youngest son.  


I cut the cupcake at 3 3/4" (and all the layers) from Celebrations.  The little hearts running down the right side are foam, glittered hearts from Dollar Tree. I was so excited to share this card, the Stickles weren't even dry yet when I took the pictures!!



Here you can see how the card opens (it's a Z fold card) and I cut two shadow layers for the cupcake so that you have a place to write on the inside of the card.


See how it opens up?

I used some Crayola card stock for the bg paper.  It looks like all the hearts were hand-drawn! :) I attached some crafters string to the left side under my sentiment label. I printed the sentiment on my computer using Pea Shelia font at 20 points and added a clip art heart. Lastly I added lots of Stickles... okay I might have a problem with Stickles... it's okay, you can call it an addiction! :)




Thanks so much for visiting me here at CardsbyCG.blogspot.com.  I'd love to hear what you think.  Feel free to become a follower or sign up for my email updates (provided through FeedBurner).  I'd love to share my crafting journey with you! - Cheryl

9 comments:

Jean said...

Cute card. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

Sheena said...

Cute..I love all the sparkle :)

Hugs, Sheena

Carol Ric said...

super cute! I love this type of card.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Looks yummy! Love all the sparkle!

Georgiana said...

Your Valentine cards are great. I sure do like that fold. I have become comfortable with using the bases that I bought at Micheals when they had them on sale, so as soon as they are gone I need to start trying some other folds again. The glitter is extra pizzaz!

Georgiana

4kids4 said...

Gotta love glitter! Super idea to use the image's shadow for a message space...I'm going to remember that! TFS!

~Sharon C.

Helen said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

Kate said...

This looks fantastic! That cupcake looks good enough to eat! I love the glitter on your card.
Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB this week!

CuteCuteWorld said...

oh wow this card is amazing! its so cute with the glitter. Thanks for playing with us at FCCB :)