Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Phone Hello card


I love to enter the Paper Playtime challenges!! And I just have to say that their challenge this week, Technology, was a huge challenge!! :) I had to think about what to do / how to do it for awhile!!

Then I heard the familiar thud of a new phone book delivery... well, that gave me a great idea! I pulled a couple of pages from the old phone book before I threw it in the recycling bin.  Can you spot the re-used phone book pages on my project? :)


I used white pages for the bg paper and yellow pages for the phone.  I pulled the blue color out of the white pages (can you see the little blue box on the right) as an accent color on the ribbon ($1 bin at M's) and the phone pieces.


I inked all the edges (bg paper and on the phone too) to give it a grungy look.


I put Glossy Accents on the phone body and receiver to give it a shine.
The "hello" stamp is from TPC Studios's Whimsy Greetings.  
The phone is cut at 3 1/2" from "From my Kitchen."


I added black sharpie doodling all around the card. 
The yellow scalloped circle is from Accent Essentials (cut at 3").


I put Glitter Glue on the phone cord and the little shine marks.


Here is the inside... all grungy too!!

What can you find in your house to re-use today?



post signature

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute!!

Sharon said...

This is just awesome!!! What a great idea to use old phonebook pages for your card! Perfect!!! I love it! Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!! :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great way to recycle! Looks great!

Janis Lewis said...

This is awesome! I love the directory as the background. Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime with us! :) Janis

Georgiana said...

This card is way too cool. I love the phone book pages in the background and the grungy effect is awesome. Good luck! Thanks for joining Paper Playtime this week.

Georgiana

Vivi Martínez said...

Great idea to re-use!
Love what you created...the card came uo beautiful.
TFS
Vivi

mum of two said...

What a cute card! You are so brilliant to use the phone book pages! I just LOVE what you came up with. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com