Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pop up flower card

Here is a card I made today. I really want to share it but I don't know how well it photographed. :( I hope you can enjoy it as much as I do.  This is my first card like this so I'd really like to know what you think! :)


The front mat (with the pink plaid) is from Just Because Cards.  Most other cuts were from Walk in my Garden.


I used six layers on the flower on the front. All were one flower from Walk in my Garden but were cut at varing sizes from 4" to 2 1/2". I love this holographic paper I picked up at Target awhile ago and just had to include it in this flower. As always, I added some little gel pen doodles to the mat.


I tied the bow using a Bow-Easy and added the ribbon to the left side of the card. Can you see all the dimentsion on this card?? I curled the flower petals with a skewer (a pencil would work too). The mat is mounted with pop-dots. I also inked all the layers of the flowers with coordinating inks and purple around the craft-colored card base


Here is the inside of the card with the pop up flowers feature.  I folded a spine into the card base so I had a place to mount the flowers.  I cut little acetate stems (from a Cricut Cartridge box) so the flowers spring up and move freely when the card is opened.


The grass is cut from Paper Doll Dress up.  I added one layer of grass to each side of the spine that holds the flowers.  Here you can see more doodling on the grass layers.


This card can stand open on it's own. Here you can see the message mat too.


The stamped sentiment is from Scrappy Mom's Stamps. More doodling on the flowers too. I also inked all the inside flowers and grass layers with coordinating ink colors.

Being that this is my first attempt at a card like this I tried to keep it fairly simple. I hope you like this card as much as I do.  Too bad this card is one of those that looks so much better in person! :(

Thanks so much for visiting me here at CardsbyCG.blogspot.com.  I'd love to hear what you think.  Feel free to become a follower or sign up for my email updates (provided through FeedBurner).  I'd love to share my crafting journey with you! - Cheryl

7 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty! Love all the layers, what a great surprise for the inside!

Pink Lady's Paradise said...

WOW! What a lot of thought went into this card. And it shows! Great card.

Thanks for the inspiration,
Cindy :)

- - Sheryl - - said...

Oh - I'll have to try this technique! Love the pop up flowers

Monica said...

oh this is adorable! TFS, I'd love it if you'd come visit my blog at: http://monicalott.blogspot.com/

Abby said...

WOW WOW WOW Love all the flowers!!!Thanks for joining us over at My Creative Time

Design Team Member, Abby

Christy said...

I love this card. It's fantastic how it pops up in the center. Stop by my blog. I have an award for you to pick up.

<3 Christy

Scrappers' Ranch said...

Hey Cheryl

This is beautiful! I have never seen a card like this...
TFS
Bonnie
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com