Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sonic the Hedgehog

Today I made this Sonic the Hedgehog card.  As much as my kids enjoy the occasional video game veg-out... my nephew is a video game JUNKIE!! He's turning 7 (SEVEN!!) and he wants a Sonic party... this is after last years Mario party.  
 So here is the card he will get for his bday this year. I made it a window card, the circle in the center is filled with transparency plastic.  The card base is 5" x 5" and only has a few layers.
Here is the inside.  I printed the Sonic heads and created a shadow layer, added my sentiment (using "Nice Sonic" for my font) and attached it directly under the head layer on the front.

Here you can see I added a second Sonic head to the inside of the card front to finish off the whole card. I little border of the teal paper adds some great detail to the inside of the card.

See the window! :) Cute! I even added a couple layers of Glossy Accents to the gold rings.  I just punched with my 3/4" punch and then centered my 1" punch to create uniform rings.

I added the sentiment tag to the front, a tag-line of Sonic's... and five gold rings to both sides of the card front. Gel pen stitches and three little brads (colored black with a Sharpie) finish off the card front.

I printed the Sonic heads onto white cardstock. 
Cutting around him by hand was the best way to go.

And my SIL had me make the invites (that aren't quite finished - the party will be Sept 11th) and cupcake pics for the party. These were really quick. I printed them all onto white cardstock and punched with a 1 1/2" circle.  Attached them to a "skinny craft stick" with hot glue, add the sentiment side too, and I was done. 

 I made 72 of these (two dozen of each of the three styles).  
The sentiment side is using "Saga Title" font.

Challenges:

5 comments:

Adrian said...

Wow, great card!

Unknown said...

What fun! I really like the transparency. Thanks for playing along with Tuesday Throwdown.

Davi said...

A totally fun card you created!! I bet your nephew will love it! Great cupcake pics also, will sure carry the party theme around. Thanks for sharing your creations with us at TT this week :)

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Awesome card Cheryl! What a fun theme for a little guy! I love the way you used the transparency and wow...72 of those Sonics! They are great! Thanks for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes!
Amber

Doris P. said...

AWESOME.. my 7yr old wants all the video games of Sonic -he's a Wii fanatic! gotta ask.. How did you get the images?
parkernana5@cox.net