Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lizard Birthday

Today marks the start of another Die Cuttin' Diva's Challenge. This week the challenge is "reptiles."
I made this adorable square card, measuring 5". The lizard is from Boys Will be Boys, cut at 4" and mounted up on an Action Wobble!! I love those little things! :)

I added white gel pen stitches on the lizard shadow layer and the black (4 3/4" square) layer on the card base. The little black gems are from Craft Warehouse. I used the same gems in a smaller size for the lizard's eyes. The background paper is from KI Memories "Boys will be Boys" stack.

A quick strip of seam binding black ribbon ties the colors together. The "happy birthday" stamp is from Scrappy Mom's Stamps.

The Action Wobble adds about the same amount of dimension as pop dots do. I decorated the inside with scraps of the same paper layers as the front. All corners are trimmed with my We R Memory Keepers 1/2" Corner Chomper.

I tried REALLY HARD and finally got a pic of the Action Wobble!! Love it!

Hop on over to the Die Cuttin' Divas Challenge Blog to see the designer's inspiration projects and enter the challenge too.

7 comments:

Jo said...

Hi,
have just seen that challenge over at die cut divas(my card was spotlighted last challenge) and think you're card is awesome! Fab card for a boy!
Jo x

ps i have candy-would love you to join

http://mycraftingcorner-jo.blogspot.com/2011/10/candy-time.html

snappy scrappy said...

So cute...great boy card. Lee-Ann :)

Cre8tiveVet said...

I love your card! Aren't those action wobbles awesome?! You have to tell me the pen you use for your stitching. I can't find a pen that works well.
-Yvette (fellow DT)
cre8tivegirls at yahoo dot com

Creative Diva said...

Truly amazing card. Love how it spins.

Unknown said...

Fun card. Great action shot.

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Georgiana said...

Oh my! I think I am dizzy now from just imagining your wobble. LOVE IT! I may need to get some for Christmas (if my husband will order them as a surprise).

Great card. Thanks for being a part of our design team at Die Cuttin' Divas. I sure hope you are enjoying the challenges.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Jersey City Dishwasher Repair said...

Lovely blog you have heere