Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Flower and rosette birthday card

Today marks the start of another challenge over at Die Cuttin' Divas.
This week the challenge is:
It's a sketch challenge
Here is my take on the sketch...  All the paper is from Echo Park's Summer Days 6x6" paper pad. I love polka-dots and was inspired by this paper when I sat down to craft today! :) The card is a 6" x 6" square card. I cut all the squares down to 2" x 2" and inked all the edges with Memento Cocoa ink.
And here is the sketch of the week.


For the decorative element, I made a little rosette. The paper strip I used to create the rosette started as a 6" x 1 1/4" and I used my MS Scoreboard to score at every 1/8". Super tiny but super fun too.


This darling little flower was created with the Heartfelt Creations die cut set called Posy Patch. This die cut set has a stamp set to go with it... and I just LOVE that!! These are thin dies like Spellbinders and cut wonderful little flowers. I inked the flower layers and used a ball embossing stylus to add dimension and attached them all together with a brad that just happens to match the pink paper in my card!  A cute little banner finishes off the front of the card.

Here is the inside of the card... with matching papers too. 

The sentiment stamp on the front and the inside are from Scrappy Mom's Stamps.

We'd love for you to stop by Die Cuttin' Divas and enter the recipe challenge!

The sponsor this week is Art for the Heart.

7 comments:

Pat N. said...

Cheryl, your card is so pretty--love those papers; super great colors, and that rosette is perfect, too!--Pat N.

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous (as usual!), Cheryl!!! :) Wish I had time to stop by more often!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Norma said...

Hi Cheryl, Love the papers and fun colors! It was fun being part of your Team today:)
Hugs,
Norma

Annette said...

Awesome! This is one of my favorite paper stacks. The flower is so pretty:)

Annette
mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com

Gerda said...

Great card, love the papers you used. Great job on the rosette and flower.
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Georgiana said...

Great colors in a patchwork format. Love the flower on the rosette.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

fayesw said...

Hi Cheryl,

I may be able to include a mention of your blog post about the bongo boards in FamilyFun magazine, but I need to hear back from you soon, if you're interested. Please check your g-mail account for my address and details. Thanks.
Faye Wolfe