Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Captain America Shield Shaped Card

Today marks the start of another Die Cuttin' Divas Challenge!!
This weeks theme is:
School Colors!!

The theme this week is School Colors... that can mean make a project with your local University or Public School colors, maybe even your old College colors?

So, my sons go to Orchards Elementary school here in Washington. The school colors are Blue, Red and White and while I automatically thought 4th of July, I came up with the project to honor an all american super hero: Captain America. This is a 3-d card to resemble his shield and will be a wonderful card for my nephew who is having an Avengers party at the end of the month.

The card measures 5", the circle layers are as follows:
5", 4 1/4", 3 3/4" and 3 1/4" and the star is 2 3/4". I grabbed all these shapes from Life's a Party because I love the star, but you can use any cartridge that has these basic shapes.

I inked the edges of all the layers with some brown Memento ink and a sponge, then I added some more aging to make the shield look battle-worn. I used a paper shaper to curve the assembled shield to give it dimension and put the card together with a layer of pop dots through the middle but glued the rim directly to the card base.

All that inking and shaping gave the shield this wonderful dimension. I'm sure the birthday boy will just LOVE it. :)

We'd love for you to come on over and play along with us at Die Cuttin' Divas!
This weeks theme is:
School Colors!!

The sponsor for the Challenge prize is:

4 comments:

Migdalia said...

What a Super Cool Card!!Great Job on the dimension!!Love it!
Have a wonderful day!
Migdalia

Jo said...

Awesome card....perfect boy card, bet Birthday Boy will love it!
Hugs Jo x

Creative Diva said...

This is one super cool card! Love it.

Hugs,
Patty

mamawcindy said...

I am Loving your Captain America Card! My little Grandson loves Captain America! So glad you Shared this! :0)