Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Blue Bird Thank You card

Yesterday was my birthday and my neighbors gave me a sweet gift of wild bird seed and a feeder!! I love nature, so this gift is much appreciated!! :) This is the card I'll be thanking them with!


The card base is cut from Preserves.  I welded two tag shapes together after I resized it to 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  I then made the layers to match, sizing them at 5 1/4" x 4" and 5" x 3 3/4". The white card stock and the plain card stock in the bird are generic scraps.  The blue polka-dot background paper is from Heidi Grace and the metallic shimmer paper on the bird's body is DCWV.


The bird is from Simply Charmed, cut at 3 1/2" (and all it's layers).  I mounted the top wing up on pop dots and mounted the bird to the card base with another layer of pop dots. The top wing is finished off with some Studio G Glitter Glue.  I placed a flat back self-adhesive pearl for the eye (I buy my pearls at Craft Warehouse).


I tied the sheer cream-colored ribbon (from Dollar Tree) into a double looped bow using my bow easy.  I added some long stitches with my gelly roll white gel pen.  The "Thanks" sentiment is from Scrappy Mom's Stamps.

Challenge:

post signature

12 comments:

jessica said...

Such a cute card! Love the colors and the sparkle!
Happy Birthday again :)

snappy scrappy said...

Cute card, love the sparkle too!

teachermom5 said...

Hope your birthday was amazing! Darling little bluebird card. Thank you.

Pat N. said...

Very pretty card, Cheryl. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!-- Pat N.

Chriss America Real said...

Happy Birthday! I have got to learn how to weld!

shelly said...

happy belated birthday cheryl :) what a nice gift from your neighbor and such a cute cute card theyre getting in return . i just adore this card. thanks for sharing it with us at BBTB2 :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day!

Super sweet card, love the papers you used! Thanks for joining us over at the BBTB2, DT Member Carri :)

Carole Beath said...

Happy Birthday to you. Very cute card. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 challenge.
Carole

Unknown said...

This is a very sweet card Carole. Hope your birthday was a good one :) Thanks for joining us in our 1st challenge at CFAS!
Lizy x CFAS DT

Jeri said...

Happy Birthday and what wonderful neighbors you have. They'll just love your thank your card with the sparkley bird. Love the shape of the card. Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2.

DonnaMundinger said...

Happy Bird-day! (Sorry couldn't resist!) Fabulous present and your card is just perfect! Love the bling and that bird is adorable! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD (Love your blog background, great minds think alike! :D )

Tony Reynolds said...

Happy Birthday! I have got to learn how to weld!