Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Simple Halloween Card

I made this super simple cricut-less card today. I've been having a little sag in my mojo so it was good to start simple.  This card features paper and stamps from Studio G. I found $1 packs of paper and stamps at Walmart. :) The border punch is a Fiskars punch called Threading Water.

I paper pieced these little pumpkins... how cute are they!  I punched the pumpkin out with a 1" punch and used a 1 1/2" punch (in black) to frame the white circle.

This is a simple easel card. The sentiment stamps is from Close to My Heart - Everyday Occasions set.

I inked all the orange pieces with "pumpkin" orange ink and all the purple layers with "rio" purple.

It's kind of a shallow easel card, but I love the simplicity of the repetition and those cute little pumpkins.

Challenges:

5 comments:

Karen said...

super sweet love the three little pumpkins in row great design

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute Halloween card! I have a post (on schedule to post) saying how I can't believe the new Wal-mart craft area LOL! I picked up papers, stamps, bling, all for .96!
I just emailed you!

Jamie - oohLaLaPaperie said...

So cute -- Great job with the challenge!

Jamie
Http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com

Claire said...

Are you having Cricut withdrawal symptoms yet?? Cute card! Claire
http://scrapmyway.blogspot.com/

My Creative Time said...

What a SWEET card!!! Thank you for playing along w/us!!!
Big Gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)