Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Flower Pot Card

Yep, you guessed it... another challenge card. 
 I promise I am still getting house work done! 

The Wacky Wednesday challenge over at More Than Favors is to use the colors pink, green and brown. The theme at Paper Playtime is Anything Party Related.

Here is my entry for those two challenges:


Here is my version of a flower pot card.  While I've seen many people (mostly Stampin' Up Demos) make this type of card, I created this one in my Gypsy.  ***Please email me or leave me a message in the comments section if you'd like the Gypsy cut file.  It only uses Walk in My Garden.


See how the flowers pull out of the pot.
The pot is basically a pocket that holds the insert.


 Here you can see the title "Did someone say "Garden Party?"".  I typed it on my computer using Flower Power font.
 I added Stickles to the flower centers and the leaves.

The rim of the flower pot where the sentiment is printed is mounted up on
 pop dots to give it lots of dimension.


*** If I get enough interest, I'll do a tutorial of this card, inlcuding the Gypsy cut file for download... please let me know if this is something you'd like me to do!! ***


Thanks so much for visiting me here at CardsbyCG.blogspot.com.  I'd love to hear what you think.  Feel free to become a follower or sign up for my email updates (provided through FeedBurner).  I'd love to share my crafting journey with you! - Cheryl

12 comments:

Shawnee said...

I'd love for you to do a tutorial on this card!! It's beautiful!!

Shawnee
http://quiverofangels.blogspot.com

Anna said...

I'd also love the tutorial and the file please. It is so cute and could be used for so many different occasions. Thanks so much.
annadowdy at gmail dot com

DEBBIE ORR said...

Great card I too would love to see atutorial

Ashley said...

What a creative idea! LOVE it and would also enjoy a tutorial on it! I am now a new follower! TFS!

♥Ashley
welchcreations.blogspot.com

crazyaboutcricut said...

Great job Cheryl! I'd love to see how you made this too :o)

Sheena said...

Pretty card!! I love the flowers :)

Sharon said...

Wonderful flower pot card! The flowers are just beautiful. Love the font you used!! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime!! :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is great, I have wanted to make one of these forever!!

I hope you stop by my blog on the 27th! I will have a challenge posted for the Creative Cutter Room and I would love for you to join in! prize is a cricut cartridge!

Unknown said...

I love that, I have made a few of those cards and they are so cute!
Rachelle
rachelle-rachellesplace.blogspot.com

Mary said...

Hi Cheryl, it's great to meet someone else from the Couv! I love your card and would be interested in a tutorial. I've become a follower and subscribed through feedburner.

Libby Beach said...

Hey Cheryl! Awesome, awesome card!! :) I would love a tutuorial on it!! And since I did just get a Gypsy this weekend the cut file would be even better! :) Thank you so much for sharing! :)

Georgiana said...

This is an absolutely amazing card. I love it!

Georgiana